Karl Spackler

50% Off Everything DCS

Sorry... but I am just too tired to figure this out, so if someone could please help me...   I have a STEAM WORLD EDITION loaded on this computer.... I also have a DCS WORLD OPEN BETA loaded on this computer.  When I open the STEAM edition, it shows my F-86 as available (but not the F-14) which I also have. 

When I open the DCS WORLD OPEN BETA it shows both the F-86 and the F-14 which are the only two I have. 

The F-16c is available and I would like to buy it. It has NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STEAM placarded all over it. Does that mean it will NOT work with the STEAM WORLD but WILL work with the DCS WORLD OPEN BETA?  The F-14 works with the DCS OPEN BETA. 

Thanks in advance...    flying the F-16A+ was easier than figuring out the sim. 

LL

39 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

it will NOT work with the STEAM WORLD but WILL work with the DCS WORLD OPEN BETA?

Yes. It is in "Early Access" so it's not released to Steam but works with Open Beta.  Honestly, I'd recommend going all non-steam for DCS, it releases patches earlier because the Steam users get a more stable verson.  Most of us (and tournaments online) fly Open Beta, for better or worse.  Just realize you're getting all the bugs with the new candy. 

I finally did the tutorials for the F-16C and it's a simple plane.  I understand your reference. 

Yeah had a quick free flight in the 16 before bed last night and it does seem nice to fly and not stupidly complicated. You deffo could tell it was in early access though, I might pick it up as well but I've started to get back into the Tomcat at the mo.

I finally watched the video and I'm not going to lie, I teared up a bit. And laughed. 

To all my friends online, I'm glad we've found a way to socialize online, long before it was necessary.  

Stay safe, you're all loved!

ive got to say that since buying the anton she has totally taken all my flying time, not been in the 21 or cat since. ok she isnt perfect and still has a few niggly/stupid bugs but she is well done overall. also this is the first time i have flew Normandy since Urga took over looking after it and they have done a cracking job with it. its deffo worth it whilst its on sale and tbh it brought back a bit of my faith in DCS ww2.

Pushed the button for the Hornet. For half the price, I couldn´t resist in view to the upcoming Supercarrier.

Just took a freeflight round: Looks and feels fantastic! Such a paperweight flight model in comparison to the Tomcat - I´m sure I won´t regret this one.