FC Skin

Barton

aircraft_albatros_d.v_richthofen_m.jpg

There is a lot of confusion as to which Jasta and pilot flew this plane, and there is apparently photo evidence that MvR himself may have flown it.  I like this scheme and was wondering if anyone would be so generous as to put this on an Alb D.Va with my emblem on the side and a red vertical stabilizer and rudder. 

I'll have to request the emblem be moved rearward on the fuselage so it does not cover the lettering under the cockpit.  As it is the lettering sticks out on either side.  Otherwise it is perfect, and I scored 4 kills (Balloon, 1PL Camel, Random Dolphin, and AI 2 seater) on my first outing with it flying with Dudley on the J5 server (although it was really low population).

4 hours ago, Barton said:

Otherwise it is perfect, and I scored 4 kills (Balloon, 1PL Camel, Random Dolphin, and AI 2 seater) on my first outing with it flying with Dudley on the J5 server (although it was really low population).

@Barton, I don’t know if this is a just good memory to this specific A/C or if it is your intention to put your score on the skin. In case of the last, from our Paint Policy:

3.  Personal victory markings, known as Abschussbalken (kill bars) did not exist within the Luftstreitkräfte (German Air Arm) of the First World War. As a result, their use is prohibited within JG Nr. I.

If you wanted to do something different, you could always use corn plasters:

https://jg1.org/richthofen/dicta/paint-policy/

4.  Counting bullet holes on aircraft was a form of sport by pilots and ground crews, however. Bullet holes were repaired with a small bit of airplane fabric, and were painted with the attacker’s national emblem (a roundel) and the date of the shooting.  Called “corn plasters” (hühneraugenpflaster), these early form of honor markings are allowed as a way to dress up a personal paint scheme.

But, they're not technically kill markings.

17 hours ago, Barton said:

I might use those to denote times I got wounded or heavily damaged and still made it home in FiF

For my brand-new SPAD skin I've been getting into the habit of taking track recordings of every fight I'm in and putting little iron cross patches where I was hit. I find it really cool to look over my skin and see how close I came to 'going West' ;)  You become strangely proud of those little marks before long! 

I also thought of doing something similar - denoting times wounded, or other close calls, for my next SPAD skin. 

Give me a shout if you're ever looking to add some USAS-roundel-patches to your collection 😄