What are you guys watching?

Karl Spackler

Lovely little video of Colombian Kfir C.10s in action. Funny how you can take what is essentially a 1960s design, stick a big honkin' American stovepipe in it and then decorate it with all the electronics imaginable to create an affordable modern light fighter (who needs a Gripen anyway?). The Colombians didn't cheap out on it either - note the Python 5s, i-Derby ERs, LGBs and targeting pods. Word has it they also have AESA radars. I'll bet you the French designers never, not even in their wildest dreams, imagined that their design would soldier on for more than half a century. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 3:21 PM, Firefly said:

Lovely little video of Colombian Kfir C.10s in action. Funny how you can take what is essentially a 1960s design, stick a big honkin' American stovepipe in it and then decorate it with all the electronics imaginable to create an affordable modern light fighter (who needs a Gripen anyway?). The Colombians didn't cheap out on it either - note the Python 5s, i-Derby ERs, LGBs and targeting pods. Word has it they also have AESA radars. I'll bet you the French designers never, not even in their wildest dreams, imagined that their design would soldier on for more than half a century. 

When you have a good design, you have a good design.  I'd imagine one could say the same about the F-15 and F-16 designers, and most certainly the designers of the B-52!

2 hours ago, Lipfert said:

Kameraden,

Not planes, but man is this guy good at CGI.

S!

I must've watched this series about 10 times over the past few weeks, it's a true labour of love. 40k isn't really my thing, but this ticks all the boxes. The attention to detail is spectacular, with every little bit matching the look and feel of the universe. The best thing about these is that the Astartes, as incredible as they are in 40k lore, are up against some really competent, well-organised opponents, not some random cannon fodder. 

• 2 weeks later...

I played chess off and on through the years never bothered to learn openings. Mostly due to my friends never learned them either. We didn't need to we had some very intense games without them. I haven't played in 10 years never gave it a thought. A chess streamer Twitch popped up on my Youtube recommendations next thing I know I went down a chess rabbit hole.

Found a free site Lichess.org with a library of videos from Youtube. Puzzles which are boards setup in the mid to end game. They usually are the best way to get into or avoiding chaeckmate.

Just stumbled on this guy's content.  Quite nice to see some close up coverage of aircraft I might never see.  Like the VAK-191B!  Note that the series is called "Inside the Cockpit" but the museum may not allow him to enter all the displays. 

Note the use of FC for flying visuals ;)