Vonrd

New alphas?

Doesn't it suck?! 

I just got done (or so I thought) with a big bunch of SPAD XIII skins to replace the outdated 3rd Pursuit Group pack. Among the big changes was a total re-worked and individual to every plane Alpha Layer. And then I saw THIS!!!!

EDIT: Btw, @Vonrd and @Heinrich have you guys seen this yet? There's a Discord for IL2 Skinmakers, if you'd be interested in that sort of thing! 

https://discord.gg/p9J63v

S! Larner,

I did the install and even with a restart of my computer, I never can go further than seeing a first screen and then going out of the game.
I did a check with steam of the game and seem ok?
Any help would be welcome... a good thing a did a backup of my game!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

4 minutes ago, DeFreest Larner said:

@GenMarkof007 I remember I had that issue a couple updates ago. IIRC there's a certain file you have to delete, but I don't remember specifics....I'll ask around for you! 

Thanks Larner, looking at the comments on the Il2 forum... many Steam users seem's to have the same issue at this time??!!
Do you have the steam version ? Hope you can find what file I need to change. When I did the check integrity, it told me that one file was not good and that it would replace it?
That might be the file you are talking about?

Cheers,
GenMarkof

@GenMarkof007 I don't have the Steam version myself, after a google search some Steam users say they fixed the issue by starting the game with game.exe within the IL2 folder, rather than from the desktop shortcut. Other than that, I don't know :( 

In terms of Alphas @Vonrd, the canvas all appears to look fine (really good, actually!) - the metal seems to have changed fairly significantly. I'd recommend giving your skins a quick scan-over in FC, but I flew a few different JG1 skins tonight and didn't notice anything really out of place! 

8 hours ago, DeFreest Larner said:

I don't have the Steam version myself, after a google search some Steam users say they fixed the issue by starting the game with game.exe within the IL2 folder, rather than from the desktop shortcut. Other than that, I don't know

It's all good now... 3dmigoto and reshade were the problem on my game opening with the new update!!!
Someone said that the new version of Reshade do work?... I might try to install this new version.

I did a flight with Hess last night with BF110, and we could stick together even when crossing clouds... was really a new experience for me!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

7 hours ago, GenMarkof007 said:

It's all good now... 3dmigoto and reshade were the problem on my game opening with the new update!!!
Someone said that the new version of Reshade do work?... I might try to install this new version.

I did a flight with Hess last night with BF110, and we could stick together even when crossing clouds... was really a new experience for me!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

Good news, glad you could get it working! 

18 hours ago, DeFreest Larner said:

In terms of Alphas @Vonrd, the canvas all appears to look fine (really good, actually!) - the metal seems to have changed fairly significantly. I'd recommend giving your skins a quick scan-over in FC, but I flew a few different JG1 skins tonight and didn't notice anything really out of place! 

I agree... skins look really good and the f%#kn "wet look" is gone!

I wound up having to completely un-install the game and do a fresh install. Luckily I had done a complete backup of it before the update.