Zuper VR!

Vonrd

DCS is working with them

Varjo Technologies
Cooperations

attachment.php?attachmentid=237636&stc=1

Highest-end virtual simulations by DCS and Varjo

DCS World now supports Varjo’s human-eye resolution headsets, Varjo VR-2 and VR-2 Pro.
Varjo is the Finnish maker of the world’s most advanced virtual and mixed reality products
for professionals. Together Varjo and DCS offer one of the highest definition and most
realistic experiences available in the ‪flight simulator market.

With Varjo’s industrial-grade devices that deliver 60 pixels per degree resolution, the
smallest details in the cockpit, including the smallest font sizes, buttons and gauges are
crystal clear. In addition, the mixed reality headset Varjo XR-1 permits you to use your
own hands as controllers, whilst flying in photorealistic virtual scenery using real-time chroma keying.

Thank you all for your trust and commitment. We work for you.

Kind regards,

attachment.php?attachmentid=235314&stc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version  Name: Hero1.jpg Views: 5875 Size: 184.5 KB ID: 237634   Click image for larger version  Name: EN_Hero2.jpg Views: 5855 Size: 154.1 KB ID: 237635   Click image for larger version  Name: Hero3.jpg Views: 5868 Size: 200.5 KB ID: 237636  

A bit pricey though  😲

https://store.varjo.com/varjo-vr-2

According to the PCMag Reverb G2 review:

” HP recommends at least an Intel Core i7 or Xeon E3-1240 v5 CPU; Nvidia GTX 1080, Quadro P5200, or Radeon Pro WX 8200 GPU; and 16GB of RAM. That's twice the RAM and a good step or two higher each for CPU and GPU (from a Core i5-4590 and Nvidia GTX 1060 or 970) than you need to use the Rift S. You also need a DisplayPort 1.3 port and a USB 3.0 port“

I've seen .50 Cal rifles at my local gun store for less than that.  I'd have a higher chance of surviving my fiance's reaction to that than spending $5k on a VR headset (which is still practically nil).  Especially when I don't even use the $300 one I already have.

29 minutes ago, Barton said:

I've seen .50 Cal rifles at my local gun store for less than that.  I'd have a higher chance of surviving my fiance's reaction to that than spending $5k on a VR headset (which is still practically nil).  Especially when I don't even use the $300 one I already have.

Hell there are 1911's that cost that much. At least with those you know if there is something wrong it can be fixed. 

With a new company its hard to say what the long term would bring for customer support and repairing. So even if I had the money it would be hard to make this purchase.

3 hours ago, Razwald said:

Hell there are 1911's that cost that much. At least with those you know if there is something wrong it can be fixed. 

With a new company its hard to say what the long term would bring for customer support and repairing. So even if I had the money it would be hard to make this purchase.

I had the pleasure of shooting a stranger's STI 2011 at the local gun range last year.  With a 20 round magazine of plinking ammo I went to heaven.  I shot the 6 target dueling tree from one side to the other without missing a single shot.  My only miss was my first round at the 50 yard silhouette and by maybe 3 inches.  The next two rounds rang it center mass.  19/20 the first time I ever touched one.  I immediately regretted buying anything but one of those.  That model was around $3500 or so.  If I don't have a 2011 yet, I'm definitely not spending even more on a VR headset.

Maybe the new MSAA Mask slider within the VR Options is related to the special Varjo headset support, as the Varjo got an inner resolution in the sweetspot of view and kind of peripheral screens with different resolution. I would guess the with the MSAA mask slider the outer resolution of the Varjo headsets could be enhanced by additional MSAA. 
I got the impression that the MSAA slider provides benefits for enhancement with all VR displays for the total resoluted VR images.

Beside this, special support for Varjo headsets might be more of promotional decision than a practical. Practically none of the DCS gamer will get a Varjo for VR, but Eagle Dynamics promote Varjo headsets and in return Varjo promotes DCS for their showcases - with both in mind for industrial customers and application ( like military ) for reaching higher values in price tags for both products and at least providing an image as ´professional (VR)´ suppliers.

For me the narrow sided view of the Varjo is a no-go at this price tag!