Sign in to follow this  
Fhechene

Added plane to class, payloads. Always gets replaced

So, I added the Spitfire XVI (and others) to the class and payloads file. DCG recognizes it as valid planes, as I can modify them in the Aircraft Class Settings. It is flyable by the player and it is usable in the time the campaign is set, the campaign is se in Feb/1945 and the plane is available since 1944 to 1946.

imagen.thumb.png.37db3c0a942ddb6a31f3b6182bcb3103.png

Now, the plane doesn't appear as selectable by any squadron, even though I placed it with the other Spitfires.

Sin-t-tulo.png

Edit: and when I choose said plane when I start a campaign, it gets replaced. If I change it using DCG, it still gets replaced.

21 hours ago, Lowengrin said:

Is there a matching skins folder for each one?  If there's no folder, DCG ignores it as it assumes the plane(s) is not available in the game.

That was exactly it. I misswrote the skin folders. So, that is fixed.

Now, another issue arose. I'm flying the spitfire XVI, but DCG mission tetx says

Aircraft: Spitfire Mk.XIV

These are the related class.dcg lines

SPITFIRELF14E                  Spitfire Mk.XIV                     gb 1 1 1 194401 194612 none                           SpitfireMkLFXIVE                    none                           5000 Meters  720.00 kph  Default     720.00 kph  
SPITFIRE16E25                  Spitfire Mk.XVI 25lbs               gb 1 1 1 194401 194612 none                           SpitfireMkXVIe25                    none                           5000 Meters  720.00 kph  Default     720.00 kph  
SPITFIRELF14E                  Spitfire Mk.XIV                     pl 1 1 1 194401 194612 none                           SpitfireMkLFXIVE                    none                           5000 Meters  720.00 kph  Default     720.00 kph  
SPITFIRE16E25                  Spitfire Mk.XVI 25lbs               pl 1 1 1 193601 194612 none                           SpitfireMkXVIe25                    none                           5000 Meters  720.00 kph  Default     720.00 kph  

Edit: so, it magically got fixed deleting the campaign and starting again.

20 hours ago, Lowengrin said:

I'm surprised it lets you have the same plane ID with two different nationalities....

When you create a custom campaign, you have to select a nationality and if there aren't planes associated with that nationality, DCG says "nope, no planes for that nationality", like, if I delete all jp planes for a Western Europe campaign and choose Japan.

My guess is that you added some code to check for that, but didn't specify that you can't add the same plane for different nationalities, which is good, because if I want to fly for France or the Netherlands in Western Europe, if it can't find planes for those, it won't let you create a campaign, so I can have Spitfires for the Dutch and for the French