Sign in to follow this  
Lipfert

NVIDIA Latest Settings - Much Better

While it apparently is good while flying, the Tacview revealed that the draw distance is still drastically reduced since the last two hotfixes. I posted this at the Il2 BOx forum here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/62466-game-version-4007-discussion-ju-87-d-3-in-4k-new-options-and-camera-controls-control-rods-dm-and-ect/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-961004

All of our squad has noticed significant loss of the aircraft draw distance since the last two hotfixes.

We have been testing using Tracview to note the distance at which the contact aircraft disappears. The way we test is for the two subject aircraft to take divergent headings of 45 degrees and waggle wings when the contact disappears. The wing waggle clearly shows up in Tacview. 

Prior to the hotfixes we could see the contact up to at least 14 km. After the hotfix that distance has drastically reduced to about 4 km. Tonight, even though we all thought it was apparently closer to 10 km, in actuality it WAS 4 km. The visual impression was that they were much farther away than they actually were, probably because the visual size of the planes is much smaller than before.

Many of us are about to give up on flying this product as it's much too difficult to stay cohesive and keep good SA. The ones with non-Nvidea cards have it worst of all.

Please, please, please address this issue.

My specs:

Win 10, 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P

The images are Test 1 on 6-10-20 - 14 km distance, Test 2 on 6/17/20 - 4 km distance.

6-10-20 Contact lost.jpg

6-17-20 Contact lost.jpg

These are my graphics settings. No Reshade, 3dMigotu or any other post processing.

Graphics.png

Nvidea 1.png

Nvidea 2.png

Nvidea 3.png

4 hours ago, Barton said:

As much as I want to like this game and as much potential as it has I really dislike 1C/777's tendency to break this game in their attempts to fix it, in those few instances that they do try to fix something.

+1

8 hours ago, Barton said:

As much as I want to like this game and as much potential as it has I really dislike 1C/777's tendency to break this game in their attempts to fix it, in those few instances that they do try to fix something.

Yeah, but look at the wide range of pilot models we have in-game.

You know how long I've been waiting to have driveable tanks in a flight sim?  Isn't that amazing?  The sad thing is they have done a lot of things well, but like I said years ago the meat and potatoes of the game are seriously lacking and have been pretty much since the beginning.

And speaking of draw distances I got a kill on Combat Box because I surprised a Spitfire at high altitude.  I thought he popped into view pretty close and didn't think too much else of it until I looked at Tacview and saw the distance when he materializes was only slightly more than 2km!

So, further testing tonight had surprising results... I think Tacview might be erroneous... posted this to the BOx forum...see below:

OK, I did some further testing...

I set up a quick mission, 109K vs B25. Set the maximum allowable start separation of 10 km. Labels and GPS on.

The first one was the Arras map and I was getting the same results as before. Even though the in-game label noted 10 km between us, Tacview only showed 4 km.

I tried the same scenario on the Stalingrad map and much to my surprise, the Tacview distance matched the in-game label of 10 km! I closed to 1 km and fired at exactly that distance and Tacview confirmed it at 1000 meters.

We have just recently started using Tacview as a debriefing tool and this is how we noticed the distance disparity.

I'm thinking that Tacview is erroneously recording the distance on the smaller maps. I will check it on Lapino to see if my theory is correct.

If you want, I can link the tracks and acmi files but I doubt that you will be able to do much about it. 

1st pic is Arras, 2nd is Stalingrad when I started firing at 1 km and the 3rd is the Stalingrad initial distance at 10 km.

6-19-20 109 vs B25 Arras.jpg

6-19-20 109 vs B25 Stalingrad start firing.jpg

6-19-20 109 vs B25 Stalingrad.jpg

"I'm thinking that Tacview is erroneously recording the distance on the smaller maps. I will check it on Lapino to see if my theory is correct."

Nope... distances are correct on Lapino. It may just be the Arras map.