Sign in to follow this  
Lipfert

Tank Crew - Control Mappings

Kameraden,

I've just started to take a really close look at the controls in the game for Tank Crew. Here are my observations, results may vary.

TrackIR works great, I've not tested VR yet.

The "Lean to Gunsight" & "Take Control" will impact TrackIR, but looking around from the Commander Copula is really neat.

I'm using "WASD" for steering and throttle, might test out axis on throttle for setting speed.

You can multi-crew, results may vary but I see one person per tank as the norm.

I've basically mimic'd my Warthunder Tank controls on the keyboard, pretty much all functions are a key that I can action with my left hand.

Weapons are all on my mouse, main weapon / machine guns and using mouse buttons on the side to zoom in / out for all positions.

Binoculars are super important !

More to come......

S!

S! Lipfert & All,

On my part, I started to use the 'Voice Attack' app and I must say that changing position, opening the Hatch and asking the driver to start engine is done very quickly and without any problem. Also, I am using the Rudder pedal to control my tank (to turn) makes it very simple to drive between trees in forest. And after getting some tips from some of the SCG guys (at yesterday event), I tried last night to drive the tank with my joystick. I must say that pushing the W/A keys for 3 hours, it's not the best way to drive the tank!

If all goes well, I will soon have a default Keyboard layout for all orders available to the tank commander (it will be in PDF format - it's done in Illustrator).

Cheers,
GenMarkof

25 minutes ago, GenMarkof007 said:

S! Lipfert & All,

On my part, I started to use the 'Voice Attack' app and I must say that changing position, opening the Hatch and asking the driver to start engine is done very quickly and without any problem. Also, I am using the Rudder pedal to control my tank (to turn) makes it very simple to drive between trees in forest. And after getting some tips from some of the SCG guys (at yesterday event), I tried last night to drive the tank with my joystick. I must say that pushing the W/A keys for 3 hours, it's not the best way to drive the tank!

If all goes well, I will soon have a default Keyboard layout for all orders available to the tank commander (it will be in PDF format - it's done in Illustrator).

Cheers,
GenMarkof

We really need to figure out the binocular toggle, right now it's a pain to transition out.

10 minutes ago, Lipfert said:

We really need to figure out the binocular toggle, right now it's a pain to transition out.

For now, I just give the 'Remove Binoculars' command in 'VA' and it's remove the binoculars.
I think that they have tried to make it with the same motion then in real life.
At this time, that's not the biggest problem when you call the binoculars... you need to have 'OFF' the take gun command so that you are able to view in front of you!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

On 7/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, GenMarkof007 said:

For now, I just give the 'Remove Binoculars' command in 'VA' and it's remove the binoculars.
I think that they have tried to make it with the same motion then in real life.
At this time, that's not the biggest problem when you call the binoculars... you need to have 'OFF' the take gun command so that you are able to view in front of you!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

Where is "Remove Binoculars" in settings / controls?

S!