JG Juggernauts???

AngryGoat

It's no secret for my love towards my rotary and radial powerplants. From Dreidecker, Camel, FW190, and now my all time favorite p47 razorback! So I was looking at the calendar for the squadron to make sure i didn't interfere with anything... and was wondering if anyone would be interested in flying some BIG AMERICAN MUSCLE on Sundays after 9pm Est?

P.S. i painted my p47's after the 56th FS (later split into the 61st,62nd, and 63rd) which trained in my hometown airfield and patrolled New York/ New England airspace until shipped on the boat over the pond. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here's another one from the 389th Fighter Squadron:

389th_bomb.jpg

Republic P-47D-20-RE Thunderbolt 42-76378 of the 389th Fighter Squadron, 366th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force.

According to the book I have on the 366th Fighter Group (Angels Zero: P-47 Close Air Support in Europe, by Robert V. Brulle) - 

Lt. Karl Hallberg, 389th squadron, survived the explosion of a 500-pound bomb that dropped off his aircraft on landing at Y-29, 31 December 1944.  He sustained head wounds and a concussion that hospitalized him for a while.  He was bestowed the title "Luckiest Pilot in the 366th."

1 hour ago, Klaiber said:

Here's another one from the 389th Fighter Squadron:

389th_bomb.jpg

Republic P-47D-20-RE Thunderbolt 42-76378 of the 389th Fighter Squadron, 366th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force.

According to the book I have on the 366th Fighter Group (Angels Zero: P-47 Close Air Support in Europe, by Robert V. Brulle) - 

Pardon my French, but heilige Scheisse! If I were the surviving pilot I would've sent a crate of fine Scotch to Republic Aviation...

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, AngryGoat said:

The General and I have been using the 56th fg as our base paint schemes (AKA: Zemke's Wolfpack 61st,62nd,63rd) for our Sunday American Muscle. Pretty fun if anyone wants to join... Or if you're Vonrd and would like to see a nice paint scheme before he blows it out of the sky!!!

Heh, heh...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...