=GenMarkof007=

Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' skin package coming soon...

S! All,

After getting a GO from the JG1 High Command, a first Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' skin pack Vol.1 & Vol.2 are coming very soon!

These 'Tank Crew' skin packages will be used by our JG1 'Tank Crew' tankers and will be given to other 'Tank Crew' squadrons or any other tankers that will join us or be part of Combined Arms event in the IL2 'Tank Crew' community. This will help us and others to identify better each of the tanks in combat.

We invite all JG1 members to ask for a JG1 'Tank Crew' skins, if you think to get involve or you want to join us for any events (if you don't have the game, you can still be part of a tank crew!)..

We only need your JG1 insignia - in .PNG or .SVG format (if none), we will try to create one for you... if your not a hard client! ;) 

----------------

At this time, here are the following Il2 Tank skins that have been created:

- PzKpfw IV Ausf.G  (winter and summer skins)
PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 "Tiger"  (winter and summer skins)
M4A2 “Sherman”  (winter and summer skins) - added Aug 14
T-34-76  (winter and summer skins) - added Aug 14

- PzKpfw III Ausf.M  (winter and summer skins) - added Aug 15
KV-1s
  (winter and summer skins) - added Aug 16
PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther"  (winter and (2) summer skins) - added Aug 18

--- edited August 20 ----

They are now ready to download...
Check this post:

--------------- 
- PzKpfw III Ausf.L - we won't be able to do any skins for the free German tank... at this time, no template are available, very sorry!
----------------

List of JG1 members that have already sign up for the JG1 Unofficial 'Tank Crew' skins pack:

- Klaiber = number  R01
- Britchot = number  R02
- Moxy = number 201
- Vonrd = number 202
- Heinrich - number 404 - added Aug 13
- Trev - number S (415)

- Lipfert - number 511
- Badger = number 512
- Wittmann = number 522
- GenMarkof = number 614
- Butzzell = number 711
- J30 Hangman = number J302 (for (little J) + 30 + 2) - added Aug 18 (only German Tank skins & the M4A2 'Sherman' skin) - J30 insignia was added

We use the JG1 'oseau' roster system for the numbers on tanks.
For non-members of JG1 WW2 roster, we give numbers (ex.: Butzzell = 711) or we can also use the JG1 'Fritz Schmenkel' roster numbers (ex: Trev = 415).

Color Numbers on tanks: if needed, we will use the colors from the Gruppe or Staffel for the numbers on tanks. Many late tanks use outlines for the numbers.

'Tank Crew' is using the new file format for JG1 skins (made by Vonrd and Heinrich):

v_!_JG1_[tank name folder]_[camo type*]_[tanker name]_[tanker number].dds

* 'Camo type' = summer or winter'
** Since Tanks are really close objects in IL2 battlefields, we need to have all skins in 4K.

--------------

- When should the first JG1 Unofficial 'Tank Crew' skin package be available?

'If all goes well, a first package should be ready by the end of next week - around August 21st.'
' I will try to post the skin visuals by this weekend for each of the tanks done at this time'

- When should I give my request for my Tank skins?

'As soon has possible, the final package should be ready by next week... so send your request before the start of next week, if possible!.'
'All request after that, will be updated in a sequence of a few weeks depending on the numbers to create'

-----------------

Important note - please read: about the JG1 Unofficial 'Tank Crew' skins, we are trying to create simple and good looking skins that will help us (camo, communicate, identify, ...) on the battlefield. We are not trying to focus only on historic timeline for the type of skins. All comments are welcome, but remember that Tanks skin are a pretty long process to create since some of them, we need to work (2) two files per tanks (and sometimes two type of camo, for winter and summer). 

Thanks,
GenMarkof

For the numbering system, because Klaiber and Brit are head of the Geschwader, they would be Regiment commanders, Numbers R01, R02 respectively.  Moxy and Vonrd, being the head of 2nd Group, would be 2nd Battalion Commanders, II01, II02 (roman numeral 2).  Staffel Commanders are Kompanie Commanders, Lipfert and myself 500 and 600, our XOs 501, and 601.

21 hours ago, =GenMarkof007= said:

We use the JG1 'oseau' roster system for the numbers on tanks.

1 hour ago, Kliegmann said:

For the numbering system, because Klaiber and Brit are head of the Geschwader, they would be Regiment commanders, Numbers R01, R02 respectively.  Moxy and Vonrd, being the head of 2nd Group, would be 2nd Battalion Commanders, II01, II02 (roman numeral 2).  Staffel Commanders are Kompanie Commanders, Lipfert and myself 500 and 600, our XOs 501, and 601.

I think Gen is trying to keep it simple by using the Oseau roster numbers. That way people keep their number across platforms. Swapping the S for R is ok although I do not think it is necessary. We do NOT need to get into historical numbering schemes or patterns.

The guy we do not want to meet.

number.jpg

1 minute ago, Heinrich said:

@=GenMarkof007=, would you be so kind to add me to the paint pack? I have the TC.

S! Heinrich,

It would be my honour to add you to the 'Tank Crew' skins... after all you and Vonrd did on the JG1 plane skins!
I will start tonight to add you on all Tank skins done at this time.

Cheers,
Gen

ps: Could you send me your great new JG1 insignia (.PNG or .SVG)... thx!

S! All,

All skins for Klaiber and Britchot have been changed to (R)... R01 & R02.
We understand that the use of (S) was not good after getting the information from Kliegmann.
We are still following the numbering of the tanks by using the JG1 'oseau' roster system!

Regards'
Gen

S! All,
A sneak peek of the T-34 winter camo, the Sherman M4A2 winter camo and the PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther" winter camo (WIP)...
The T34-1943 skins should be ready by tonight!
----------

M4A-Sherman_winter_001.thumb.jpg.c2e101b14df17ab4518626bb03488453.jpg

M4A2 “Sherman”  (winter skins)

T34-76-1943_winter_001.thumb.jpg.830a58d546df28a0866df0e8e0c867bc.jpg

T-34-76 - 1943  (winter skins)

T34-76-1943_winter_002.thumb.jpg.564568e45996684af85ee1900a5519c2.jpg

T34-76-1943_winter_003.thumb.jpg.72ba64b654c64bd5da48978ee6a77dd1.jpg

Panther-D_winter_001.thumb.jpg.0b714097bccc940433808d90201b0d64.jpg

PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther" (winter camo WIP) - summer scenery! *Number on this tank was changed to R01 after this picture was taken.

Cheers,
Gen

S! All,
A sneak peek of the new  PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther"  (summer skin)-WIP...
This skin is still being tested before it goes out in the unofficial JG1 skin pack.

Panther-D-Girafe_Camo-001.thumb.jpg.c56f8f35353281b4c9b94a46d486c538.jpg

PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther" number R01

Panther-D-Girafe_Camo-002.thumb.jpg.f0f6a8f26ff4882fc3ed3f2cb2ed02d1.jpg

PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther" number R01 - from a top view

Panther-D-Girafe_Camo-003.thumb.jpg.49c7d3dae8c2b7a40a5df64be0e87cc6.jpg

PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther" number R01 - protecting two bridges

Panther-D-Girafe_Camo-004.thumb.jpg.84118ce51aad7684ab1ab4920bf7bc3b.jpg

Panther-D-Girafe_Camo-006.thumb.jpg.87f5c62f4626172f23a4db140456e7d6.jpg

Panther-D-Girafe_Camo-005.thumb.jpg.8f3a13d96844e4ee40e7aba995d31c9d.jpg

PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther" number R01 - starting to shoot some truck convoy!

Enjoy!
GenMarkof007

Nice Gen!

I would try increasing either the size of the font or brighten the red (without making it "neon"). Maybe without or a thinner outline? Would just like it to be more identifiable and it gets a bit lost in the camo. It might not be doable though. 

Bottom line... thanks!

9 minutes ago, Vonrd said:

I would try increasing either the size of the font or brighten the red (without making it "neon").

I do agree Vonrd... it's weird... in the hangar, the numbers standout pretty good... but with the light outside, it's a complete different thing.
I will try a thinner outline... and we will test it after that!

Gen

1 hour ago, =GenMarkof007= said:

I do agree Vonrd... it's weird... in the hangar, the numbers standout pretty good... but with the light outside, it's a complete different thing.
I will try a thinner outline... and we will test it after that!

Gen

Is the inner number/letter solid red?  These are how the numbering/lettering was actually done.

image.png.653215d8485acd803f776bdff1f24307.png