=GenMarkof007=

Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' Skin Pack Vol.1 & Vol.2!

S! All,

We now have (2) two skin pack: 
- Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' Skin Pack Vol.1 - German Tank Skins
Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' Skin Pack Vol.2 - Allied Tank Skins

Since the size of the Download .ZIP files are pretty big (4K DDS skins), we had to separate the German skins (+/- 2 GB) and the Allied skins (+/- 1 GB).

Pictures of all skins are available below the steps to download the skins files.

STEP 1. PLEASE REMOVE ANY OLD 'TANK CREW' SKINS IN YOUR GAME SKIN FOLDERS! 

How to delete my old 'Tank Crew' skins?

Go to your game folder (IL-2 Strumovik 'Battle of Stalingrad') folder... then in:  data/graphics/skins...
And remove from all tanks Name folders, any files starting with: V_!_JG1...

STEP 2. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE UNOFFICIAL JG1 'TANK CREW' SKINS VOL.1 & Vol.2:

How to install those skins in my Il2 Great Battle skins folders?

1. Download the Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' German Skin Pack Vol.1 here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/skbw8yclu7yplee/file

1. Download the Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' Allied Skin Pack Vol.2 here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o4pnu8jq9vm4sja/file

2. Unzip the 'Tank Crew' German Skin Pack Vol.1 or Allied Skin Pack Vol.2 in a folder of your choice (ex.: on the Desktop or the Documents)

3. Copy the (Data) folder inside the (JG1_Unofficial_TankCrew_German or Allied_Skins) folder and Paste/Drop this (Data) folder in your main game folder (IL-2 Strumovik 'Battle of Stalingrad').

4. Enjoy and have fun! - Don't forget all JG1 Unofficial 'Tank Crew' skin files starts with V_!_JG1...

Important Note: by pasting the data folder in your main game folder, this will not erase or remove any other 'Tank Crew' skins from any folders!
Always good to do a backup of the folder, If you feel like it!

----------------

A big Thank You to the IL2 'Tank Crew' Skin Creators Community for the authorization of using some of the tank skins and modifying them after!

-------------

Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' Skin Pack Vol.1 - German Tank Skins - pictures

Summer skins:
Tanks with Additional Armor Plates are shown in pictures... Skins are also available without the Armor Plates!

PzIII-M-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.68e79da9ef65abd8aea454cf99b2aca3.jpg

PzIV-G-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.10b7a6dfb6a64f5705ccb73c5063f340.jpg

PzVi-H1-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.2ac12659114f7dc7937da44e5e56db12.jpg

PzV-D-01-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.6afa40924664e132788e06db8d027bf9.jpg

PzV-D-02-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.9f5f624a0f216b07790250ceb097d949.jpg

Autumn & Winter skins:
Tanks with Additional Armor Plates are shown in pictures... Skins are also available without the Armor Plates!

PzIII-M-Winter-Skin.thumb.jpg.f4ddafe712d0cf82fcbe799fd3dced6f.jpg

PzIV-G-Winter-Skin.thumb.jpg.810161f8767ea92e03555cd1eb50fce0.jpg

PzVi-H1-Winter-Skin.thumb.jpg.02526c455dcc0b2a4f78ad035ad90d1c.jpg

PzV-D-Winter-Skin.thumb.jpg.1af61923f3a6576c5be2f7a8695ed2b3.jpg

----------------------------

Unofficial JG1 'Tank Crew' Skin Pack Vol.2 - Allied Tank Skins - pictures

Summer skins:

M4A2-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.caf2dbd4c535711ec8d2371448bd3820.jpg

KV1s-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.61542b1e7088c95784365a26c8ef3905.jpg

T34-1943-Summer-Skin.thumb.jpg.15cf696ae4a7563e9985140752b8c3fd.jpg

Autumn & Winter skins:

M4A2-Winter-Skin.thumb.jpg.b1734617d9bd7715e264736d1152a1cc.jpg

KV1s-Winter-Skin.thumb.jpg.c0856f1cd194117aff50fd52fbd9bdd4.jpg

T34-1943-Winter-Skin.thumb.jpg.9f333c7dccf573d48a554df20b23b139.jpg

----------------------------

If you have any problems with the links above, please let me know.
I have no control on the download time of the .ZIP files, since all home Internet connection are different!
If your download is slow, why not try early or late in the day... 

Cheers,
GenMarkof 

Note: All Skins and Numbers were verified in Game Play mode... this does not mean that some changes will not be applied in the future! Thx

---------------

Special thx to the creator of the Font (Back in the USSR) used for the Text & Numbers on Russian Tanks... available at: 
https://www.dafont.com/back-in-the-ussr-dl.font

Back-In-The-USSR-Font.jpg.b2be5648d4df4ffdb32c6f73df51171f.jpg

10 minutes ago, Kliegmann said:

Are you going to leave the kill rings as they are

S! Kliegmann,

Can your explain about the kill rings? I didn't add any of those? Are you talking about the JG1 insignia that is added to the tanks?
At this time, no updates for any tank kills or any other real life stuff will be updated.
Like I already said, nothing was made to be authentic or historic for these Unofficial WW2 'Tank Crew' skins! 

--- edited ---

Oh, the rings around the barrels of the main gun!!! No, those are just visuals for the look! Nothing about real life Tank killing! Thanks for the info!

Gen

No, the rings around the barrels of the main gun, are kill rings.  They would paint one for each tank they would kill.  Both the tiger striped cammo 614 tiger and panther have kill rings.

Nice skins, will download them on the PC (now on iPad).

NB! Be aware that with winter skins you still are seen in the default green/sand colour by anyone who haven’t downloaded the Skin packs. If you want a winter skin take one from the official skin set. The same goes for the A/C skins. That’s one reason we don’t do A/C winter skins. 

On 8/20/2020 at 7:55 PM, =GenMarkof007= said:

Oh, the rings around the barrels of the main gun!!! No, those are just visuals for the look! Nothing about real life Tank killing! Thanks for the info!

Just my opinion: I would remove the kill rings from the (Tiger and Panther) barrel, those feel like stolen valour. They were never official and the ratio between the rings and kills is not clear, also they stand for what? A tank, a vehicle, an AT-gun, an AT-team? Wittmann’s last Tiger for example wasn’t painted with 100+ rings and the tankbuster champion Knispel carried none on his. 

5 minutes ago, Heinrich said:

Just my opinion: I would remove the kill rings from the (Tiger and Panther) barrel, those feel like stolen valour.

S! Heinrich,

Like explain to our historic buff... those were never use or put in to show in any form any kill rings... so for now, I won't adjust any skins because of symbolic that are historic. 
As for the Winter skins, they are also optional... but even for the 'Tank Crew' summer skins to be seen, they need to be downloaded by the people playing on the same server.
At this time, this is the reality in IL2 Great Battles... for plane or tank skins!

But I thank you for your opinion... I do accept them!

Cheers,
GenMarkof