Wolfgang Leonhardt Fw190

Does anyone have actual photos of Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-4 Flown by Oberleutnant Wolfgang Leonhardt, 6./JG 1, Woenstrecht/Holland, October 31 1942?

While doing the new Fw190A-3 skins I became intrigued by this camo scheme and decided to do a historical skin. All that I can find so far is artwork and scale models. I'd like to have some photographic verification though. The stripes vary from crisp (unlikely) to airbrush (more likely) and differ in how they terminate at the nose.

Would anyone want this scheme for their personal skin?

Leonhardt.jpg

9 hours ago, Vonrd said:

Does anyone have actual photos of Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-4 Flown by Oberleutnant Wolfgang Leonhardt, 6./JG 1, Woenstrecht/Holland, October 31 1942?

I looked through all of my JG 1 books, and couldn't find a photograph of this aircraft.  It's such a unique scheme that you'd think that every book would have a picture of it.  However, Claes Sundin did paint a profile of it in 2014.  And I trust his work and research.  So I kept looking.

After searching our boards (in a Hail Mary attempt to locate it), I found a post from @Weiss in 2017 where he actually had a photograph!

Here is the aircraft, taken from an auction on Ebay:

m4gKKZc.jpg

Of interest - according to a model kit for this aircraft, the standard markings (the RLM grays and the crisscross patterns) were painted on at an Arado factory, where the aircraft was probably built.  Arado, under license, built various versions of, and components to, the Fw 190.

Hope this helps!