Christmas Tree And Gifting Thread

TedsOnMeds

Salutations everybody! 

I hope everybody is having a wonderful Holiday season, my family celebrates Christmas and we've put our tree up and it got me to thinking it would be nice to see a little bit of
everybody's setup, if they were comfortable sharing? 

I'll start! 

20201210_105544.thumb.jpg.afdb00b072ee358449986a9d96a5b02e.jpg

Ours is a cute LED number that was on sale at one of the local Hardware stores, fits perfectly on our smaller Refrigerator downstairs near the Fireplace room for my pre-prepped meals.

I set out the Tree-Skirt and assembled it, as well as splayed out the branches. Mother and Sarah did the ornamentation! It's humble, but we really, really like it. It also acts like a floor light
for the basement fireplace room and hallway leading back to my studio and simulator rooms, so, I'm quite fond of it! 

20201210_105559.jpg

image.thumb.png.4f569c9c542cd3a6fedb1b73ae776baf.png

After many years of struggling with live trees, buckets, sand, needles, I had enough and bought a fake tree with lights included (never stress a PTSSer beyond the red line 💥) This year the 'tree' decided to go cheap and shut down a LED-section in the middle. Next year it gets a new change to burn at full throttle. Best with growing up kids is that they come to an age where they have fun in decorating the tree. 1 down!!!

1 hour ago, Lipfert said:

dqmeEfI.jpg

1 hour ago, Heinrich said:

I had to look twice at the pickle 😇

As a Pole, I approve of the pickle. @Lipfert, your family has fine taste in Christmas decorations.

Haven't put up a tree or any lights yet, but I might come up with something by the 24th. I'm coming by mum's place this weekend, I may take some pictures there. 

I feel you @Heinrich. The last time I bought a real Christmas tree it spent two years on my balcony because I couldn't be bothered to carry it out for waste disposal. I live on the 4th floor, there's no lift in the building (a hearty thank you to commie architects) and the bloody thing weighed a metric tonne. It spent most of its existence looking sort of like a floral Chernobyl victim, rotting away happily (or not) until I finally got rid of it. 

4 hours ago, Heinrich said:

image.thumb.png.4f569c9c542cd3a6fedb1b73ae776baf.png

After many years of struggling with live trees, buckets, sand, needles, I had enough and bought a fake tree with lights included (never stress a PTSSer beyond the red line 💥) This year the 'tree' decided to go cheap and shut down a LED-section in the middle. Next year it gets a new change to burn at full throttle. Best with growing up kids is that they come to an wage where they have fun in decorating the tree. 1 down!!!

Comfy Pups !

12 hours ago, Firefly said:

I feel you @Heinrich. The last time I bought a real Christmas tree it spent two years on my balcony because I couldn't be bothered to carry it out for waste disposal. I live on the 4th floor, there's no lift in the building (a hearty thank you to commie architects) and the bloody thing weighed a metric tonne. It spent most of its existence looking sort of like a floral Chernobyl victim, rotting away happily (or not) until I finally got rid of it. 

Interesting, in Canada we put our trees out with the recycling.

S!

16 hours ago, Lipfert said:

Kameraden,

Let's see if this works, we have a small tree this year as the supply wasn't great. Hoping Christmas of 2020 puts this mess behind us.

The tree:

VFcZEH6.jpg

Christmas Story Lamp & Christmas Pickle:

dqmeEfI.jpg

S!

Your Christmas tree looks amazing, nice form and great decorations. Also my compliments on the pickle, I can't help but experiencing a strange form of pickle envie...

Here's our tree:

tree.png

7 hours ago, Lipfert said:

Interesting, in Canada we put our trees out with the recycling.

S!

Nowadays we do too, but back then everything ended up in a skip and went to a waste sorting plant. There are companies out there who collect your christmas tree free of charge and either turn it into green energy or replant it in a tree nursery. One time my sister and I decided to do the right thing and replant a tiny potted fir that used to be her Christmas tree in mum's back garden. Now that tree is about 6 metres tall. For once something good came out of Christmas! 

Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Merry Christmas!

(The photo is my sister in law and her adopted Black daughter - who is now in college and over 6 ft tall 😍)

Baruch Atah Adonai Eloheinu Melech Ha'olam, asher kidshanu b'mitzvotav v'tzivanu l'hadlik ner shel Hanukkah (blessing said as each candle is lit..."Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of all, who has kept us alive, sustained us, and brought us to this season").

And BTW... I'm a Buddhist, so Happy Bodhi Day!

IMG_0018.JPG

On 12/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, Firefly said:

Nowadays we do too, but back then everything ended up in a skip and went to a waste sorting plant. There are companies out there who collect your christmas tree free of charge and either turn it into green energy or replant it in a tree nursery. One time my sister and I decided to do the right thing and replant a tiny potted fir that used to be her Christmas tree in mum's back garden. Now that tree is about 6 metres tall. For once something good came out of Christmas! 

That's really neat! I've actually got something Similar

Our local hand-made furniture store in my area will take away any furniture from your home as an act of Christmas good faith and recycle it/reuse it in their store free of charge in the 2-3 weeks leading up to and after Christmas. Works out for everybody! I'm thinking of going and getting a love-seat or Futon to use while me and Sarah play games downstairs in the hobby room across from my Studio - and having them take my old mattress and mattress frame away in exchange. Great people, too! 

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason my wife decided that she was having allergy problems with the tree so it had to come down immediately after Christmas which was kinda sad for me. It really smelled like a pine tree which is I guess part of the problem. 

Fortunately she knows that all I really want for Christmas (or birthday or any holiday) is a model airplane so she goes crazy and covers the spread.

IMG_20201223_181653.jpg

IMG_20201231_232328.jpg