DCS Screenshot Thread

Britchot

41 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Working on a mission & was watching the AI. It got my blood up, MAN do I want a flyable, full fidelity F-104 in DCS!! Screen_210206_072619.thumb.png.70885f366ed808b64df36692f94d17dd.png

Well, these guys are doing the MB-339, so they're in a good position to make other Italian Air Force aircraft after that's done. If rumours are to be believed, their next project will be the Fiat G.91, but don't quote me on that. Some of their team members have already done some Starfighter stuff for other sims. I'd love to try out the F-104 ASA/M in DCS. 

If you want some help or coaching I would be happy to assist. I am pretty fair at tanking in all the DCS jets. IMO the F-18 is the easiest & the F-14 the hardest. 

IMO what hurts ppl the most when learning to hit the basket is mindset. Everyone can figure out how to trim for level flight & some jets have quirks (Harrier set flaps to cruise, Tomcat set wingsweep to manual etc) but the pressure when you get behind the basket can be immense, especially when in a group & you know people are watching. In the end its mostly a mind game. Whether you think you can or think you cant you will be right. Being relaxed & confident is the best recipe for success.  

The setup for this shot was actually pretty fun. I had not fired HARMs in some time & since JTF will be using them I wanted to get a sense of what it would look like from our perspective & see how far away they would most likely be shooting from. I went up on my personal practice mission to fire several at SAM sites on the coast of Iran. I wasnt really paying attention & accidently crossed into Iranian airspace off the coast which fired a trigger activating SA10 sites & a MiG-29 cap. I noticed the SA10s & went defensive managing to get away but as I approached the coast again I did not notice the MiG29s on my RWR. It had been beeping about all the SAM sites so what was 1 more warning right? I was instead focused on shooting HARMs until my RWR started screaming at me when a R27 was launched.  The 29s were close & I went defensive again. AIM-9Xs are Satans own hands (I expect we will be saying that)! I killed both 29 while looking straight up using the HMCS & getting a lock. Thats just insane. 

Anyway excitement over I just started climbing away from the coast when I get the Bingo fuel warning. Closest tanker was 80mi away. I probably could have made it back to the boat direct but where is the fun in that? So I headed for the tanker. As I saddled up & made my precontact call I had 500lbs of fuel remaining. Now I am actually a little nervous because I am against the clock for getting some fuel. The nervousness showed & took me 5-6 attempt to plug in. I took on 3000lbs then headed for the boat. Was a fun flight! 

1 hour ago, Yogi said:

If you want some help or coaching I would be happy to assist. I am pretty fair at tanking in all the DCS jets. IMO the F-18 is the easiest & the F-14 the hardest. 

Thanks!  I'm going to take you up on that.

I can sorta tank in the Mirage.  And sorta tank in the F-14.  But not enough to depend on it.

1 hour ago, Yogi said:

Was a fun flight! 

It sounds like it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Britchot said:

Okay, who can help me with the "2xF-14s and 2xF-104s, did you read about it?", 

My google fu apparently isnt as stronk as I thought it was. I couldnt find anything on it.

I did find an interesting recount of the Gulf Sidra incident from the Libyan MiG-23 pilots perspective though.