DCS Screenshot Thread

Britchot

19 minutes ago, Britchot said:

I thought the Mirage couldn’t mix ordnance load outs. 

You can, sorta...

If you take A2G ordinance the Super 530 is verboten, period.

Mixed A2G seems ok so long as the wing stores & those on the body hard points aren't mixed (you can take one thing on the wings & another on the body). They also changed what was allowed on the center pylon. It had been you could hang nearly anything on it, now it's BAP or PGMs only in lieu of the fuel tank. 

Having said that, it wouldn't let me fire the outboard rockets. Not sure why & I was not able to correct it. 

Once more into the breach dear friends! 

image.thumb.png.985944b46ea5827a70f7be22e69c4e5d.png

No Pub for me, these phallus under my wings aren't just to impress the ladies.. 

image.thumb.png.623bf4e42812d7eecddae4a84d2892aa.png

Thats what freedom looks like baaaybeee!

image.thumb.png.84763374815662684bb77d54a5061ff0.png

Sorry for all the pics, I finally got this bird down pat & am enjoying flying it greatly! Besides, shes so damned pretty! 

Deleting screenshots & I thought this one deserved posting before hitting the digital abyss. 

Screen_210629_193134.thumb.png.66b4b249e6c27e1752b4f0a353746808.png

Note mismatched loadout. Old stored loadouts will let you do this but you will get an error when you try to use your weapons. I recommend you delete any loadouts that show A2G ordinance with Super 530 missiles. The combo is strictly verboten. 

The real life refueling is much easier than what is in DCS. That being said from someone that is not using VR so I can't speak to that.  It is a pain in the ass as you say to maintain station because my eyes don't have the periphery and therefore the judgement that you would.  It is really pretty quick because the boomer can hook you up fast. Also in DCS you have to be within 1 kt to stay correct and the amount of thrust change to maintain 1 kt is just not within the scope of the game.  In the jet it is more forgiving by far. 

On 7/1/2021 at 7:54 PM, Yogi said:

Knocking some rust off. 

image.thumb.png.d5fa07a5c37031d644a0e8b582348467.png

Not sure why the AF does this, its such a PIA compared to drogue. 

My understanding is that one major advantage to boom over drouge is the much greater pounds per hour transfer rate in boom.

It is a fun jet, a real joy to fly. The issue is getting airborne. With its anemic engine & the payload you see it took the better part of a 6000ft runway to get enough speed to get airborne. 🤐

On a positive note, throttle management is easy. Leave it firewalled until you are ready to land! 🤣

On 7/15/2021 at 11:14 AM, Britchot said:

I actually figured out why I wasnt able to fire the outboard rockets, I was suffering from a near terminal case of cranial-rectal impaction. On the Mirage you can select which pylons are active. I forgot to select all 4 pylons 🤪

head_up_your_ass2.jpg

• 1 month later...