Entry Level Seat Motion

Snaggle

These certainly look amazing and I admire they are able to make a 6 DOF motion simulator for these price points, really impressive.

I do wonder how good the experience is and I always wonder if these try to simulate the forces tour virtual pilot experience or (merely) the relative position of the pilot in game. As an illustration: making a (tight) turn to the right in an aircraft would correspond to position change of the pilot's seat rolling to the right. In real life, an immobile chair rolling to the right corresponds to feeling the force of gravity rolling to the right, i.e. inclining seat position from _ to \ feels like my weight pressing straight on the seat shifting to my weight pressing on the right side of my seat. I think however that a tight turn to the right in the seat of a moving aircraft would (could) correspond to feeling your weight on the seat shifting to the left because of the (perceived) centrifugal force to the left when turning to the right, which would mean the seat IRL would actually have to roll to the left when the aircraft in game turns right in order to make the virtual pilot experience a shift of the forces to the left.

@Greif I have the Next Level seat mover MOTION PLATFORM V3 and have had it for over 2 years.

In the virtual environment, I have the exact same feeling as you get actually flying, minus the 4 g pull outs. It however does impart the feeling to your inner ear as if you are actually pulling out of a dive in this example.

Bottom line the closest thing I have ever felt to actually flying when not actually leaving the ground, or in a multi million dollar Navy simulator. 😁

1 hour ago, Snaggle said:

@Greif I have the Next Level seat mover MOTION PLATFORM V3 and have had it for over 2 years.

In the virtual environment, I have the exact same feeling as you get actually flying, minus the 4 g pull outs. It however does impart the feeling to your inner ear as if you are actually pulling out of a dive in this example.

Bottom line the closest thing I have ever felt to actually flying when not actually leaving the ground, or in a multi million dollar Navy simulator. 😁

Impressive, and is that with DCS, IL2 or both?

Also: is that in VR? One added complexity in VR seems to me that VR headsets use the environment as reference to determine how the user moves his head. When the seat moves IRL, the VR headset moves in relation to its environment, which communicates to the VR headset that the user moves his head while in game the pilot's head relative to the cockpit does not.

@Greif It is in both.

it is in both.

Also the software that comes with the V3 motion compensates for that and actually has a VR compensator.

So it is as if you’re flying when the chair moves even when your head moves the software knows that you’re in VR so it doesn’t provide any extra inputs to the VR to make it seem strange it’s as if you are actually in the environment moving Vr

2 hours ago, Snaggle said:

@Greif It is in both.

it is in both.

Also the software that comes with the V3 motion compensates for that and actually has a VR compensator.

So it is as if you’re flying when the chair moves even when your head moves the software knows that you’re in VR so it doesn’t provide any extra inputs to the VR to make it seem strange it’s as if you are actually in the environment moving Vr

Amazing. I would wish I were able to give it a go to experience what it feels like. Thanks for quenching my curiosity with your explanations 👍

You wouldn't happen to visit the Netherlands while taking your equipment with you anytime soon, would you? 😄

14 minutes ago, Greif said:

Amazing. I would wish I were able to give it a go to experience what it feels like. Thanks for quenching my curiosity with your explanations 👍

You wouldn't happen to visit the Netherlands while taking your equipment with you anytime soon, would you? 😄

Sorry no... ☹️😁