DCS what aircraft flown by JG1

Katze

Katze from IL-2?  Wow, it's been 16 years.  Great to hear from you!

Within DCS, we see ourselves as primarily a REDFOR group.  So, the MiG-21bis, the MiG-19P, the MiG-15bis, the L-39 Albatros, and the Mi-8MTV2.  We're anxiously awaiting the Hind.  And the MiG-23.  We also actively fly the Mirage 2000C, the F/A-18 Hornet, the JF-17 Thunder, and the F-14A/B Tomcat, as well as Flaming Cliffs stuff.

However, we also fly the DCS WW2 stuff as well, as German - the K-4, A-8 and D-9.  Mostly on Storm of War.  Though I should say that our WW2 activities are mostly in IL-2 Great Battles.

Is there a specific aircraft you're looking to concentrate in?

5 hours ago, Klaiber said:

Katze from IL-2?  Wow, it's been 16 years.  Great to hear from you!

Within DCS, we see ourselves as primarily a REDFOR group.  So, the MiG-21bis, the MiG-19P, the MiG-15bis, the L-39 Albatros, and the Mi-8MTV2.  We're anxiously awaiting the Hind.  And the MiG-23.  We also actively fly the Mirage 2000C, the F/A-18 Hornet, the JF-17 Thunder, and the F-14A/B Tomcat, as well as Flaming Cliffs stuff.

However, we also fly the DCS WW2 stuff as well, as German - the K-4, A-8 and D-9.  Mostly on Storm of War.  Though I should say that our WW2 activities are mostly in IL-2 Great Battles.

Is there a specific aircraft you're looking to concentrate in?

Hi Her Klaiber.

It has been awhile alright. But . . . I've been flying DCS all these years. I have IL2 as well but do not fly there as I prefer a more study-sim approach to aircraft management. Perhaps there are more options of theatres in IL2? Seems like quite a few squads enjoy it. In WWII DCS aircraft, I fly the Spit, P-47 and have just taken up the old FW-190 warhorse and BF-109. It is a pleasure to be back in the 190 cockpit with all that firepower. I do like what I see in Storm of War and watch a lot of Phil Styles vids from taken on that server via Youtube.

Jets - FA-18 and F-16 at the moment.

I had a good look at Cliffs but think it is a retrograde for me (I was on early TF developing changes in the damage model and in particular correcting all the armaments to historical values.) Not enough advancement in the interface and cockpit controls despite TF's dedication to the North Africa Theatre.

DCS lacks in gameplay offline. So would like to re-up with a good squadron such as JG1/2 for camaraderie and be online if I can make my desire to fly DCS warbirds work. REDFOR is fine. There are some really good things coming down the pipe from DCS but they are so hit and miss with their changes and mistakes.

Nice to touch bases and would like to find out more of JG1/2 online activity. So will browse through the forum pages and glean as much info as possible. I'm open to whichever SIM gets me into the cockpit on a regular basis.

Many thanks for your response.

Cheers,

Katze

Hey Katze,

The DCS WW2 aircraft are great, and I can't wait for them to add more aircraft and units.  They're a joy to fly, really.

For big servers and events, IL-2 Great Battles still has the edge.  Which is part of the reason why our squadron focuses that way.

Most of us have bought Tobruk, the most recent IL-2 Cliffs module.  But we haven't really flown it very much.  A lot of us have switched over to VR, so going back to TrackIR is hard.

Either way, if you're interested in rejoining, just let me know.  I'll PM you our TS information regardless, and you can check out our calendar of events here:

https://jg1.org/schmenkel/calendar/

You're more than welcome to fly with us, even without an application.

Talk more soon.

1 hour ago, Klaiber said:

Hey Katze,

The DCS WW2 aircraft are great, and I can't wait for them to add more aircraft and units.  They're a joy to fly, really.

For big servers and events, IL-2 Great Battles still has the edge.  Which is part of the reason why our squadron focuses that way.

Most of us have bought Tobruk, the most recent IL-2 Cliffs module.  But we haven't really flown it very much.  A lot of us have switched over to VR, so going back to TrackIR is hard.

Either way, if you're interested in rejoining, just let me know.  I'll PM you our TS information regardless, and you can check out our calendar of events here:

https://jg1.org/schmenkel/calendar/

You're more than welcome to fly with us, even without an application.

Talk more soon.

Thank you Klaiber.

What theatre and aircraft does JG1 employ on IL-2 Great Battles?

Thanks