connection help

Barton

Upgraded to Windows 10 after years of begrudgingly giving Microsoft the middle finger about their forced update nonsense so long ago.  Now IL-2 Sturmovik won't connect to multiplayer servers.  Every time I select one and try to connect, regardless of which one it is, it just freezes until it times out and kicks me back to the title screen with a "Cannot connect to server" error.  I tried removing the firewall and a few other things and nothing has solved the issue.  I even reinstalled the game.  Nothing.  Any suggestions?  Searching the il-2 forums has brought up nothing.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:09 PM, Klaiber said:

Do you have Win10's firewall on?  And if so, is it possible that it's blocking IL-2?

Did that, still nothing

On 3/1/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jaus said:

This is a long shot, but you might try setting anti-virus exceptions on the il2 folder, or at least the executable.

Did that, too.  No dice.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:02 PM, Britchot said:

Do you use Razer Cortex? If so, try shutting that off. 

I don't even know what that is, but after googling it I can say the answer is no.

Not sure about network drivers because it works for everything else.

Finally got it.  When I updated Windows for some reason I couldn't get the internet through my router.  I could get through with a hotspot off my phone, so I knew it wasn't the computer.  But I forgot what I set my router info to and had to do a factory reset and reconfigure everything.  After that I got internet but ran into this connection issue with IL-2.  Considering I could log into the game I figured it wasn't a computer firewall issue (after pretty much eliminating it as a variable in every way possible) so I went into the router and disabled the firewall there.  Ta-DAAA!  Boom, I'm in.  Went back and turned the firewall back on and set the port forwarding.  Now I'm ready to go...right to bed.  I may be online this weekend but I can't make any promises, but it won't be my damn router keeping me away.