Curious if any of you gents have any aviation artwork hanging on the walls? I confess I'm a sucker for stuff like this, if I bought every piece I went "ooohhhh" and "aaaaahhhh" at I'd probably need a second mortgage and a small section of the national gallery gallery to hang them in 🤣.

I've got one relatively "cheap" print from the folks at Aces High in Buckinghamshire (next to RAF Halton where I used to live), they had a signing event and I managed to get lots of former RAF chaps from WWII service (BoB and onwards) to sign the print for me so it's a bit special. I imagine most, if not all of them have since passed on. I remember being particularly gutted that Geoffery Wellum was supposed to be in attendance but was sadly ill an couldn't make it. I've read his book "First Light" many times and it never gets old.

IMG_2781.thumb.jpg.3048de8f9800099c8e5ede8afb6f5889.jpg

Been looking on their site today and saw a print of a SHAR engaging an Argentine Mirage over the Falklands, signed by Cdr 'Sharkey' Ward himself... the print alone is over a hundred quid (never mind a nice frame for it) but damn does it look great. Oh so tempting... sometimes I wonder if it would be better if I wanted to collect something cheap like stamps lol!

IMG_2781.heic

Sadly I have none. "She who must be obeyed" has the cornered the market on our available wall space. She has a penchant for Rocco & Neoclassicism works. 

She & I have decidedly different tastes in decor. 

This is my idea of an ideal living room. 

Modern-Rustic-Cabin-Living-Room-.jpg

This is hers

cdd3abbccb882cd7292cc4f2d436b8c9.jpg

Lets just say our house looks allot more like her idea than mine 

21 minutes ago, Yogi said:

She has a penchant for Rocco (...)

Rocco Siffredi approves of this message. 

8187iDnr9vL._SS500_.jpg

21 minutes ago, Yogi said:

Lets just say our house looks allot more like her idea than mine 

Ah, the art of compromise in marriage. "Wife wanted a cat, I wanted a dog, so we compromised and now we have two cats". 

1 hour ago, Firefly said:

Ah, the art of compromise in marriage. "Wife wanted a cat, I wanted a dog, so we compromised and now we have two cats". 

LOL! I think our wives must be sisters!! I had the exact same convo with my wife with similar results. I did get my dog but ended up with 2 cats as well. 

How funny.... I just came home from Hobby Lobby... I had an old version of "Assi" Hahn's airplane re-framed. I got it at Love field back in the 70's when I was just a private pilot as they had an aviation art gallery there in the terminal. I think that it is still there, I have not been over there in years. 

I have been collecting "Robert Taylor" prints for over 30 years and I own almost all of his works involving the Bf-109, about 16 prints so far. You can see "Abbeville Boys" over the mantle. I only have a couple on the walls because this house was painted by a moron... a MAROON wall...   eegads....  Anyway... still sorting out the order and placement but they will all get up and out one of these days. My "She who must be obeyed" gets her due...  but she also knows after "dating" for 36 years (we were married Nov 2019) that nothing gets in the way of my career and the ancillary paths it takes. Still... be fair here... she gets 3 rooms for her stuff.

SO...  I found that I have this old Nicolas Trudgian pencil drawing #295 out of #300 of Spitfires... and I only enjoy seeing Spitfires in my sights in front of me so if anyone wants this drawing they are welcome to it. You can see from the picture that it did not receive the same loving care as the prints, but it was part of a packaged deal that came with something I did want. SO...  first come first gets. I will be happy to send it to you. 

Also in the pic is an autographed picture from one of my Mentors Brig. Gen. David Lee "Tex" Hill. He gave that to me in his study, in his house on Burr Rd. in San Antonio, Texas in 1972. He was instrumental in my career and took me as his guest to the American Fighter Aces convention that year as he was the president.  Great guy, I actually was able to fly him in a King Air 30 years later to a pigeon shoot on a ranch out in West Texas. Spent a couple of days with him there and he could still put away the scotch... don't you doubt it. Great guy, great stories. 

<Edit> The Spit print can be framed/matted and those creases won't show

IMG_20210302_095538.jpg

Tex.jpg

Sure, I’ll share what I’ve got up.  I do have one Fw-190 from II./JG1 with a fragment down for repair and another from Pearl Harbor (The Last Torpedo) that needs a new frame. 

Sorry for the glare, the sun finally came out today. 

E7E24439-E777-487F-91F3-59396E0DCEC2.jpeg

Here’s one from my dad’s collection.  I’m expecting a larger one with a poem he wrote.

09671FBA-14DC-4430-BC24-AC4987FFD0C1.jpeg

And lastly, pixel art from the airframes I’ve flown for the Army.

4D1A590E-2A80-403F-B58A-8B99B61E1521.jpeg

1 hour ago, Yogi said:

LOL! I think our wives must be sisters!! I had the exact same convo with my wife with similar results. I did get my dog but ended up with 2 cats as well. 

That wasn't an actual quote, I don't have a wife (yet)... 😂 Should've cleared that up, sorry.

feel your pain though. As a dog person, I'm glad you got one of your own.