Some of you know that I recently got a Reverb G-2. I'm really pleased with it. I rocks in BOx... I'm getting about 90 FPS with settings almost maxed out. I also installed the VRNeckSafer which is ridiculously easy and eliminates the issues that I had with checking six in VR. I think Heinrich uses it also. Here's the link and I highly recommend it:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/67985-simple-tool-to-check-your-six/

So, my issue is with DCS. I'm only getting about 35 to 40 FPS and it's not as smooth as BOx with those frame rates. Before I go down the rabbit hole in trying to improve it, I thought I'd see what y'all's settings are. I've attached my system specs and DCS settings. I have not done anything in Nvidia Control Panel yet and have no other mods such as shaders.

Could you VR guys post your settings in DCS and any other things that you are doing in the way of graphics? Any hints / advice is most welcome.

I have not overclocked anything yet and it looks like that might be in my future. I have no experience in doing so. I've looked through Tubeville and there are a daunting amount of tubes there. Does anyone know of a reputable YT tutorial on overclocking both GPU and CPU?

Thanks in advance!

DCS Settings.jpg

CPU-Z .jpg

@Vonrd, would you be so kind to post your BoX settings here as well, incl the Steam VR settings (guess you use SteamVR)?

I would love to start with the G2, but pure for combat reasons I went back to my Rift S. The G2 had better looks, but I never went above 65 fps and detecting enemies was really difficult. The view in the cockpit and close by was super. With the Rift I can fly at higher settings, even the mirror, and spot enemies much further away all at 80-90 fps. 

My system:

MB-ASUS RoG X570
CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU-AMD 5700XT (waiting for the 6800XT coming available and more realistic price)
RAM-32 GB  DDR4 3200 CL16
SSD-Intel Optane 900P
PSU-1000W

@Vonrd you should be able to do better than what you got settings wise. My last PC was about the same as yours I had DCS set a little more dense (higher graphics) with my frames in the 60s.

I could post my own settings when I get home but fear it would be of little help. I run DCS at near max settings.

I am not much of a tinkerer anymore. Ive gotten to the age where I just want things to work. However I would suggest checking out VR4DCS. The guy that runs it (Thud) is a guru on all things VR. You will most likely find settings tips there. 

https://discord.gg/s4mUcKWP

16 hours ago, Heinrich said:

@Vonrd, would you be so kind to post your BoX settings here as well, incl the Steam VR settings (guess you use SteamVR)?

I would love to start with the G2, but pure for combat reasons I went back to my Rift S. The G2 had better looks, but I never went above 65 fps and detecting enemies was really difficult. The view in the cockpit and close by was super. With the Rift I can fly at higher settings, even the mirror, and spot enemies much further away all at 80-90 fps. 

My system:

MB-ASUS RoG X570
CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU-AMD 5700XT (waiting for the 6800XT coming available and more realistic price)
RAM-32 GB  DDR4 3200 CL16
SSD-Intel Optane 900P
PSU-1000W

@Heinrich, flying on Finnish tonight I was also getting about 60 fps (I had mistaken the field of view for fps, thus the claim of 90). I also had difficulty IDing enemy from friendly up close. I could see dots from quite a long ways away but close up is problematic. Currently, I wouldn't use it for tournament. Will continue to tweak, but it's not something that I enjoy much.

Von,

Double check your Steam setting, and the setting in Windows itself...

Next I would try to cut down all graphic setting and see what happens I'm sure you have already done this...

Download and run OpenVR Benchmark from Steam, this will stress test and give you a good bench mark, no pun intended.

I wish i could be more help....