Actually I had this a couple times when 2.7 came out. But not this week end. I saw it more with the mission editor.  I was testing the new clouds and when I reload it would lock up.

Did some A/A refueling this weekend with the F-14 and F-16. Along with relearning the Mirage radar and weapons system with no issue. I was however using the instant action without the new clouds.

I have had the mission editor crash on me a few times while working on things.  But they're mostly hangs, where I jump from some object to another and the game gives up the ghost.  This is a 2.7 issue, as it didn't happen in 2.5.  It almost makes me wonder if there is a memory leak.

What I would recommend is to deactivate all of your mods (if you have any) through JSGME or OVGME, and then run a full repair of the game.  That will at least ensure that there are no errors on that level.  And if the game keeps crashing, it'll be because of a game problem.

Here's how to repair if you're unfamiliar: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/

After that, I would also delete the contents of the fxo and metashader2 folders in Saved Games.  Again just to be safe and ensure that there are no hangs.

After that, I'm not sure.  I think it becomes a Open Beta issue that they'll have to work out.

Sorry I'm not any real help.

3 hours ago, Klaiber said:

I have had the mission editor crash on me a few times while working on things.  But they're mostly hangs, where I jump from some object to another and the game gives up the ghost.  This is a 2.7 issue, as it didn't happen in 2.5.  It almost makes me wonder if there is a memory leak.

What I would recommend is to deactivate all of your mods (if you have any) through JSGME or OVGME, and then run a full repair of the game.  That will at least ensure that there are no errors on that level.  And if the game keeps crashing, it'll be because of a game problem.

Here's how to repair if you're unfamiliar: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/

After that, I would also delete the contents of the fxo and metashader2 folders in Saved Games.  Again just to be safe and ensure that there are no hangs.

After that, I'm not sure.  I think it becomes a Open Beta issue that they'll have to work out.

Sorry I'm not any real help.

Thanks Klai but sadly, I've already done all of those... looks like I'll have to live with it until ED comes up with a fix.