WWNatops Memorial Flight Announcement

WWSandMan

~~Salute!~~

First off, my apologies for what is apparently a very late invitation (unless WWGeezer has been by and posted an invite some time ago?)

The Wing Walkers are honoring another departed member, Jerry "WWNatops" Spruiel, this coming Tuesday evening, Sept. 14th, 8:30pm Central (9:30 Eastern, 6:30 Pacific). See the graphic below.

JG1 and any of your friends who would like to stop in and pay their respects are welcome. One difference this time is that we are offering all visitors an open airport after the WW Memorial Flight has ended, meaning you may, if you desire, spool up and make a pass (or three) in honor/memory of Jerry. We will have folks sticking around to record passes made to add to the final video presented to Jerry's widow, with full credits given. 

Sim flown will be the latest stock version of IL-2 BoS/Great Battles, TeamSpeak will be used for voice comms (and recorded for inclusion in the video.)

Again, my apologies for the late invitation. I do hope JG1 will be able to stop by and help us give Jerry a proper salute. Thank you. 

NatopsMemAnnouncement.jpg

In addition, the custom skin pack for the memorial flight is available here: https://www.wingwalkers.org/vault/natops_memorial/wwnatops_memorial_flight_skin_pack.zip

• Extract the contents of the zip file to: "(your IL-2 installation path)\data\graphics\Skins\P51D15"

Or on Haluter's Skin Downloader, search under "skin packs" for "Wing Walkers P-51D Memorial Flight". HSD will automagically put the skins in the correct place.

Edited by WWSandMan
I has the English, really, I do

Hi Sandman,

I'm so sorry to hear about Natop's passing!  My heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and all Wing Walkers.  I didn't know Jerry very well, but I always enjoyed flying with and against him when I had the chance.  If there is anything we can do to help with his memorial flight, please let us know.

Unfortunately, I'm away this week with family visiting from out of state.  But it would be wonderful if JG1 pilots could join in on Tuesday.

All, please coordinate with SandMan if you think you can make it.  Thanks!

Sandman

There are currently 5 JG1's planning to attend and I wouldn't be surprised to have more show in order to pay our respects. I have downloaded the skins as above. 

If the Walkers wish, here is a link to our current skins which had a major update this last June:

Just in case that it's confusing, here's the specific link for the WW2 skins:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsv6hqpog4vpe9c/2021-0325_JG1AxisFighterPP.zip?dl=0

~~Salute!~~

Thank you, from the Wing Walkers to all of you, for showing up and taking the time to help us give our squadron mate a proper send off.

WWNatops is the sixth WW member to join our "Heavenly Flight". 

And this was the sixth time I've participated in, and the fifth time I've led, a memorial flight. To say that this is the hardest thing I've done for a hobby is an understatement. I've been a member of Firing Squads and Honor Guards for real life military services. But those were always for folks I didn't know ... It's maybe a bit odd to get emotional (at this stage of life) over the loss of acquaintances known mostly through online venues, but I knew (all) and met (all but the first) of the WW members who have passed. I feel very deeply that I have now lost a sister and five brothers. That's not a cumulative loss I would wish on anyone.

Thank you for joining us in tonight's Memorial event. The fact you put aside far more entertaining prospects to join us will not be forgotten. JG1 members are the best  friends, and adversaries, anyone could wish for. Thank you gentlemen.

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2021.09.14 - 21.30.23.11.jpg