Necksafer not working

Vonrd

I'm reposting this here for more visibility.

Hey VR guys. I wanted to fly VR tonight in IL2 but I can't get VRNecksafer to work. I'm in OpenXR and using the Beta2b version. I tried starting it first, before WMR and the game but no joy. HP Reverb G2. Any help?

Also this:

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:
Copy/paste the openvr_api.dll file into the bin folder

Did that for all instances that I could find (there was another instance in the Viewer)... no Joy.

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

Change name of D3DCompiler_47.dll

Could not find this in IL2. There are many other programs that use this, Photoshop is one. Did not make any changes to this .dll since it's not in IL2. 

Per @Labroisse I centered the view once in game... no joy.

It's also not working in DCS.

Frustrating, especially since I'm getting a solid 40 FPS in IL2. (DCS is still 20 FPS max).

@Snaggle @Vonrd @Gus @Labroisse

Have to use XR neck safer for the OpenXR, not the VR (older) version. I am assuming you installed OpenXR via Opencomposit or replaced the openvr_api.dll within the game?

Either way use the XR version for it to work:

https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/xrnecksafer/-/tree/master

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/78936-step-by-step-guide-for-new-g2-v2-owner-to-set-up-for-openxr-and-xrnecksafer/

Also using the HP Reverb G2 as well. Here is another link that may help as well:

Sorry, I should have reported earlier. The issue was the button that I was using to center. I was using the lower lever on my new Winwing F-16 stick (commonly used as the brake lever). Since it's an axis as well as a button, I suspect XRNS didn't like it. When center changed to a button, all works. I just have to re-train my muscle memory...  😱