Time to target feature

ColHut

I wonder if you could specify a time (say 5 to 30 minutes) around which, with some random variation, aircraft would be set up on spawning so that their flight times were all similar to a given target. So instead of distant squads flying miles to the target even with air starts enabled and arriving after it was all over, they would set up much closer (or as required) and get into the action. I don't mind how far they fly back though.

What Wol wishes and describes in his first post sounds like a coordinated attack of multiple squads starting from an AttackRandezvous waypoint, where each squad spawns with air start near THAT waypoint (as they were starting from above one and the same virtual airfield). The real problem with this is HOW to specify WHEN DCG should opt for this type of spawning, and when it should remain with the good old one. I doubt whether Paul feels an irresistible desire to rethink and rework the whole mission setup thingy... ;)

Pretty close, and I'm sure your right about the work needed :)

There can be several targets of missions in DCG and that is all good. I was just hoping that the action could be co-ordinated such that the missions strike home within say a 10 minute window (or 5 or 15 or similar), and more importantly squadrons flying from distant airbases get a 'leg-up' and start from close enough to reach their targets on the way in fairly promptly. Even if those targets are widely separated.

I suppose with our online crowd we like to fly as many co-op campaign missions as possible in a night, and so having the action concentrated in time, if not space, is a good thing. But I don't want to pull the missions when our fragment of the great battle is over if all the other great individual squadron missions going on have not yet finished (or even started) as it affects the campaign outcomes.

:)

regards