Sign in to follow this  
nickthegreek

OK I am brand new here & brand new to the subject of DCG:

Hello to all;

Like the topic says, I have never used DCG even though I have been an IL2 fan since it's inception; after a rather long absence I have downloaded GOG's 4.13.3m(I think?); I need to get my hands on the latest DCG version (hopefully this 'beta' will work!) and instructions on how to install it & use it. I am grateful for any help I get;

Thanks, ahead of time

nickthegreek.

Welcome!

The install instructions are in the download.  Just look for the "Installation and Settings Instructions.txt" file.  And don't worry, the beta will work.  There are many dedicated users of DCG that are quick to let me know when it doesn't.  ;)

Thanks but where is the download site? I click on beta site here on this forum & I get a 'site retired' message.

(edit)

OK, nevermind I found it; I got it 'installed' & am trying to get it working. When I try to generate a mission/campaign, I get a message to 'turn off auto generate'...but how do I go about doing that?

Thx

You've got "auto-generate" checked under the MODE menu.  Which is fine.  I recommend you check it AND check the "Replace Career Generator".  Then close DCG, open up your game and generate a mission like you would using the campaign generator (DGEN) that came with the game.