CTD on mission end, unable to create new campaign

wellenbrecher

Hey there.

I'm using the latest DCG beta with 4.11m. Started a German fighter pilot campaign on the Western front.

Poland went fine, then France loaded and things got funky. On my second mission the game gave me a CTD upon completion twice. Upon further tries the game minimised and then simply gave me the result screen from the last mission of the campaign in Poland. This could be repeated over and over again.

Rather frustrated - and in hindsight rather stupid, now I can't send you any files if you happen to need them :/ - I deleted the campaign and wanted to start a new one in France. Well the game won't let me. When I want to start one the game simply minimises.

Quick missions work fine, it makes no difference if DCG is running in the background or not.

I'll keep the DCG files as a backup somewhere and try with a new installation of DCG, then IL2. Will report back once I've done so.

Cheers!

Apart from this I had a blast with this. Most fun I had with a game in quite a while :)

-edit

While I am at it.

The Umlaute (ö,ü,ä) in German names are shown as Cyrillic letters. But only in the roster and related menus. The briefing screen is fine, as is the DCG squadron menu thingie.

Error on my end or limitation of the engine or something?

-edit

Nearly forgot.

This is the error I got with the CTD. Maybe it helps you.

jhreqr.jpg

Alright.

Posting this as a reply to separate the two and point out an error on my end.

Apparently Dgen.exe refused to close down with the game, causing the minimising thing. Ended it and now I can start new campaigns just fine.

So.... sorry for this.

I hate it when I don't check everything before reporting something... >.>

-edit

Something new.

Now I get the aforementioned error every time I start up DCG and all the data for the campaign is messed up. With a new, clean DCG install.

Will try a new IL2 install next.

-edit

Ok, done with work today, so let's do further testing.

It happens every single time with the campaign in France and the fictional Battle for Britain one.

The one set in 1941 Normandy works fine again.

-edit

Ok.

From the West campaign it's France '40, Britain '40 and Lybia '43 that cause silly things and make DCG show the squadron window devoid of squadrons. All the others seem to work fine.

Would've loved to have a consecutive campaign through the whole war, but ah well. Guess I'll have to get "wounded" for a year or so, hehe.

-edit

Interesting, at least to me. Those three maps I mentioned won't work with any other nation either.

Could this simply be a 4.11m incompatibility?

For the time being I just removed them from the campaigns I intend to play through.

The Umlaute (ö' date='ü,ä) in German names are shown as Cyrillic letters. But only in the roster and related menus. The briefing screen is fine, as is the DCG squadron menu thingie.

Error on my end or limitation of the engine or something?[/quote']

Unfortunately, what you see is what you get.

Hey there.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the newest beta but the error is still there. Or at least DCG gives me the message and the squad window is messed up. Haven't actually flown it yet.

-edit

There are three entries for He111 that are still set to 'null'. Editing those will fix it, I assume?

Ah well, I'll just try it. Worst case scenario would be a unflyable campaign no longer working, hehe.

-edit

Ah, the other way around. Let's see how the game reacts, the launcher works fine now.