Memory Error on Launch

Slink

An annoying little glitch...

If DCG is installed inside the root IL2 folder it creates a cannot read memory error (at a very low level block!).

Any ideas what this could be? Little pig in the code somewhere?

This came up as I put the DBW compat files into a jsgme install so as not to overwrite the originals allowing new beta updates to be easily installed, and is not serious just annoying, but does seem to be causing panic and consternation...

Oddly enough if DCG is then moved back out of the root IL2 folder the error remains, so it does seem to be a low level error and not just recursive paths in the ini files.

This is as said not serious, and I always thought DCG should (logically?) go inside IL2 anyway... but I can't see why DCG should be referencing low level memory? This is with beta6, but it's the same for previous versions.

Any chance of a fix (I know it's a pain), or should it just be ignored as an extra mouse click?

Incidentally, did you ever look at the properties of the last DGEN and check the language... !?!

Any chance of a fix (I know it's a pain)' date=' or should it just be ignored as an extra mouse click?

Incidentally, did you ever look at the properties of the last DGEN and check the language... !?![/quote']

I'll see what I can do about fixing the issue of the read memory error.

I'm not sure what you mean by checking the language. Please refresh my memory.

Thanks Paul, kind of crucial to the idea of not overwriting the original DCG files with my crappy stuff, apart from other options...

DGEN: reports it's native language as not US English as might be expected for a Russian program, but rather as Canadian English...