aircraft class

Goldguru

at the top of the aircraft type list would it be possible to add "select all" to the list?

that way one could easily edit the list to add the planes they want to be flyable rather than disabling the entire list other than the prefered aircraft.

unless im missing a something you must edit the entire list one at a time per campaign for planes you do not want flyable

I did look @ the class.dcg file however due to the columns having a set spacing i was worried that I would corrupt the file & be unable to find the damage again

however the sisable apears like this   A_20C                          A-20 C                              us 1 4 0 194201 disabled

A_20C                          A-20 C                              us 1 4 1 194201   enabled

are the spaces between the  A_20C crucial or could the column spaces be edited in notedpad so this section of the lines "us 1 4 1 194201...."  be aligned verticaly allowing manual edit?

Thnx Gold

Every line must have the same tabulation. It also should be tabulated only with spaces, not with the tab key.

Now, what it seems you are trying to do is change the planes available for player selection at the start of a campaign, right?

If this is so, you should go to the Dgen folder of your Il-2 installation and look for the corresponding planes.dat file of the campaign you are looking for.

For example, if you are looking for the German Fighter (South) campaign, you open all the CampaignDE .dat files (DE for Germany, RU for Soviet Union, UM for UMarines, GB for Great Britain and so on) and find the one that has your description. In this case

* Fighter (South).
Dynamic campaign for German fighter pilot (army group "South").

That file is campaigndef.dat

Now, look for planesdef.dat and change the planes there and you are done.

Yes I see where you sent me ...dam there is alot of total entries when you consider all the De*.dat files A guy could do some damade in there.

so what you are suggesting would look like this

[Lvov44]
BF_109G6Late
BF_109G6AS
FW_190A5
FW_190A8    last original line

[Lvov44]
BF_109G6Late
BF_109G6AS
FW_190A5
FW_190A8
BF_109K    new plane added? save 7 done?

thnx Gold

Yes. But as usual, you have to backup. And remember, this is the Dgen folder of your Il-2 folder, not the dgen folder of your DCG folder. And with dcg, you'll also have to check the date restrictions of the plane you'll add, so it doesn't get upgraded or something.