In case BoS doesn't pan out...

Klaiber

There is a poll on BoS forum related to the unlocking system.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11694-campaign-system-unlocks/

Anyway I tried the game a bit on Syndicate server yesterday. While there are some improvements in the game itself (like the rudder in 109) there are still serious problems. I mentioned the unlocking system so far. Another one is the rudder (or the whole FM probably). Ok, it's better than it used to be but still, 3 ton plane (109) flying 500 km/h IAS and when I touch the rudder it starts moving like paper plane on minimum speed. As Klaiber wrote it's like Fokker on steroids.

I'm new in the BoS world but what seems strange to me are Laggs and Yaks able to dive at +700 km/h making quick barrel rolls (faster than 109 is able) without any structural damage. Actually when I tried to catch the Russian fighters in the dive I destroyed my engine due overstress. Few moths ago I was able to dive more than 850 km/h in Lagg-3 without any damage. Seems it's still possible.

And the last but not least. Icons on map, including enemy planes? On the server marked as full realism? What the hell is that?

All planes are flying back and forth, but this could be problem on my end of connection. Still I don't have such problems in any other online game.

I considered to try the game more but to be honest I'm not much enthusiastic about.