Jump to content

Klaiber

Administrators
  • Posts

    22,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,290

Everything posted by Klaiber

  1. Glad to see they're going back and improving the old models in DCS. Hoping we'll eventually get an An-2 Colt model in the game. I don't even need it to be flyable or AI flying. Just something to place in the missions, as the ones on the Caucuses map are actually embedded objects...
  2. He definitely was. I'll miss watching his videos and hearing his voice.
  3. Klaiber

    F-100D

    Hi @Dusty, @Vonrd does great work! I'm a big fan of his 481st TFS Comstock Skull skin: https://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3351527/
  4. Both of those seem like really good options. How much strain do they put on your PC? I got my current computer in January 2024. https://web.archive.org/web/20230321065702/https:/alexanderpcs.com/products/the-strategos-13th-gen-intel The upgrades I added “in-house” were changing the graphics card to the Zotac GeForce RTX 4080 Gaming Trinity OC and upgrading the processor to the Intel Core i9-13900K.
  5. I am wondering if I should upgrade to the Quest 3. Or perhaps to another VR headset. What headsets are most people using?
  6. In case you haven't heard, this was posted by Eagle Dynamics on Discord:
  7. After an update to my Meta Quest 2, the link to the PC kept breaking. The headset would freeze, while the PC display still worked. Others were outlining the same issue here: https://communityforums.atmeta.com/discussions/link-v207-troubleshooting/the-latest-updates-have-rendered-meta-quest-pc-link-completely-unusable-/1381668 For anyone struggling with this, here is the fix: https://communityforums.atmeta.com/discussions/link-v207-troubleshooting/the-latest-updates-have-rendered-meta-quest-pc-link-completely-unusable-/1381668/replies/1381703 Not all GPUs support H.265, though. You need a GPU that supports AV1 video encoding.
  8. This is fantastic. An amazing aircraft that doesn't get enough attention.
  9. Glad to hear you're up and running again, Kleig!
  10. This looks fantastic, Von!
  11. A bit concerned it's called MCP. Didn't they see Tron?! Seriously, though, I'd be interested to see how it works.
  12. Have you tried it? Does it work?
  13. That's really nice of her!
  14. Klaiber

    transfer

    Hi Jaus, You're always welcome, so definitely join us on Tuesdays! It's hard to see you officially leave us, but JGr2/J27b is a great bunch of guys. And it's not like you're going anywhere. We're actually thinking of getting more involved with other WW1 groups for practices and fun events.
  15. I meant I DM'ed you on the forums. I'll send you the link on Discord.
  16. I hear you! I've been taking a break from flying recently, and every time I jump in an aircraft, I feel like I'm learning to walk again.
  17. And that also has Wings of Tobruk: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049440/IL2_Sturmovik_Desert_Wings__Tobruk/
  18. Not sure about CloD. I think that's mostly moved over to the Blitz Edition, which is still being updated: https://store.steampowered.com/app/754530/IL2_Sturmovik_Cliffs_of_Dover_Blitz_Edition/
  19. Btw, @Segler - I've DM'ed you our Discord. If you're interested in joining us online.
  20. Hey Segler! Great to hear from you. I hope you're doing well. It's been... 10+ years? This is a perpetual question: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/81398-sorry-for-the-newb-question-steam-vs-stand-alone/ In the past, I think it mattered, as Steam was updated more slowly. However, nowadays, I don't think it matters as much. They're interchangeable in terms of server access, etc. So you're not missing anything by going one or the other. However, once you're on Steam, you're stuck on Steam. And once you're standalone, you're standalone. You can't mix or match. Others might have other thoughts. Not sure if that helps!
  21. Has anyone flown the F-100D yet? If so, what do you think?
  22. Same. I know that @Kliegmann and @Butzzell have had to make very elaborate triggers in Rise of Flight and Great Battles to make things work. Having scripts, provided that uploading them is easy, would be amazing as the complexity would definitely be able to increase.
×
×
  • Create New...