"Human only" Issue

Nephris

Hi Paul,

I got a problem with the "human only" setting in MDS.

It looks like DCG produces also AI flights for that marked squadrons.

This causes issues, as the Downgrades dont kick in correctly, as AI planes count into

plane numbers when they got killed.

Atm I use 2 flights and a flight sioze of 2, wihc equals 4 planes available for players.

At same time 2x2 AI flights start from that airfield.

Is there a way to not spawn AI flights with a "human only" setting?

OR am I just using a wrong combination maybe?

dcg.JPG

I hoped this "human only" option to work, but I guess it is just meant different.

MDS is a hybrid.

When I generate a Dogfight missions the squadrons will be available to spawn in homebases.

In coop missions I simply spawn into the AI flights.

In MDS a homebase gets created, where a plane of the stationed squadron is available.

But aswell, that squadron gets spawned as AI planes.

In case of that screenshot, I would be able to spawn as He111 at a homebase, and 1x AI HE-111 will spawn.

When you work with limited aircrafts or downgrades, those AI planes get substracted from players counts which is very annoying of course.

Do u think there is a way to add a human only option, that no AI planes would be spawned for marked squads?

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some testing and I can't replicate this with my vanilla install of IL-2 1946. If I fake using MDS in Dogfight mode, I will not get AI flights if I've selected "Human Only" for the squadron.

So if you could send me a mission file next time it happens to you, I'd be happy to look at it.

BTW, I did find a bug with DCG in MDS mode. If you set the first squadron in the DCG list to Human Only, if a AI flight tries to intercept it, DCG will crash (because a "Human Only" squadron will have no flight path to intercept).

• 1 month later...