Application - Wormy

Wormy

Got to fly with Wurmy today and he is a very good pilot (much better than me, but I know that is not saying much...lol), I think we are lucky to have him! We flew FA-18C, with JDAMS, got intercepted by two mig 29s and I got shot down, Wurmy destroyed his target and flew home and landed at the carrier - I am back to cleaning the latrines I guess!?

😜

I messaged Bamse but he was at a restaurant with his wife when I came online, so he could not join us (no PC at the restaurant...) But I hope to get some flying with Bamse in the near future. Would have been great to have Bamse there as I know he can fly the FA-18C. By the way, I pulled rank and made Wormy lead the mission and I flew as a wingman....I can do that, right? Pull rank?? Anyway he did great leading and taking charge - so I think he will be a great flight lead in JG1 in the future - and I hope to be an adequate wingman....🫢

Let me have a look into my little black book 🧐 ... No, couldn´t find a note of an incident where we crashed - you never have crashed into me. But there´s an entry, that you have killed me in 2021 with a 120C AMRAAM, as you fired it into a furball in which I was dogfighting an enemy.🤔

😄 just kidding ... I wonder about the efficiency of the new HARM DATALINK for the Viper, announced for 2.9 - ... if triangulation is more efficient with it, when going as a Viper-two-ship on a SEAD Mission? 

I have not tried DCS after I updated it yesterday to 2.9 Gus, so I dont know. Also I feel we should maybe move this into discord or PM as right now I am sure Wurmy is wondering who these two elderly gentlemen are who has hijacked his welcome thread!? Just joking you are not elderly Gus - only I am.

Yes Sir! Wurmy can pretty much do it all - air to air refueling, carrier landing, air to air combat, SEAD, JDAMs, you name it this boy can do it!

Also he does not seem to mind having an old man talking none stop about the price of fish in Norway...so yeah BEST flight lead ever!

Seriously though, he does a very good job with his throttle control as a flight lead, something I need more practise with, he almost never goes full afterburner and when he does it is for very short periods like at take off, and from what I have seen he also never flies with the throttle at 100% military, so as a wingman that saves me a lot of fuel.