Hunters In The Sky (Complete)

c4nucK

I uploaded the rest of the "Hunters In The Sky" series last night. Enjoy with your morning coffee or however you do it. I've gotten an excellent response from people showing their thanks and appreciation! I'm glad everyone else is enjoying these!

It would of been extremely selfish of me to keep these to myself! =]

Please rate and subscribe!

Hell In The pacific - Hunters in the Sky

Under All Flags - Hunters in the Sky

Big Friend, Little Friend - Hunters in the Sky

Closing The ring - Hunters in the Sky

Fall Of The Third Reich - Hunters in the Sky

Victory In The Pacific - Hunters in the Sky

Reflections On War - Hunters in the Sky

Enjoy everyone! Feel free to send me your old head tracking devices ;) I'm probably only an eighth of the way through of what I have. Much much much more to come!

I take requests by the way. If there is a particular subject you'd like to hear about just ask me. Chances are I more than likely have something on it and I'll put it up =]

They really are great. Easily in the top 5 best Air war documentaries. Interviews with so many combat pilots. Somewhat biased towards the American side to be honest. Whenever they interview any pilot that isn't allied its more of an interview about how the Allied were better. Which is a shame. I 109 documentaries that I'm going to be uploading soon that has interviews with Erich Hartmann himself =] Pretty rare stuff.

The rarest one I have that I can say I don't know anyone else that has seen it is the following..

Gunther Rall and Chuck Yeager were sitting side by side and the subject they were on was American planes vs German. The numerical, technical, and tactical side of it. Rall started to recall a particular mission where he kept going after a particular mustang that got separated from the rest of his flight, the fight between them was pretty intense. After about 20 seconds of him speaking about it Yeager had this look on his face like he'd seen a ghost or something.

Yeager eventually interrupted Rall to ask him if he could remember roughly the date of this mission. Rall replied with the date and Yeager was blown away. He goes "That was me you were after!", then Rall in amazement was equally blown away and they both went on and broke down the engagement together as if the interview wasn't even taking place. Like they were in a bar having a beer recapping some old football game footage or something. Its really amazing stuff!

"Germany's Last Ace" had an interview with Rall and "Shorty" Rankin that had a similar discussion. Rall was talking about how he took to his chute after being shot down by a P-47 and he mocked the situation by saying, "Where's my thumb, Shorty?" They both started laughing.

Seeing those old fighters reunite is amazing. Franz Stigler and Charlie Brown come to mind as well.

Franz Stigler and Charlie Brown come to mind as well.

First time I saw that interview I almost cried. I couldn't imagine the emotions the both of them had regarding the subject. Simply amazing. If anyone hasn't seen what were talking about here it is..

Bf 109 pilot Franz Stigler and B-17 pilot Charlie Brown's first meeting

The book' date=' "A Higher Call" about that situation is quite worth the read. [/quote']

I'm not really a reader unless its on the PC as stupid as that sounds. I have a very hard time sitting down in front of a book. I'm ADHD if you couldn't already tell lol. I'll try to find a .pdf of it actually.

The only time I'm able to read is if I'm stuck on an airplane. Even then I listen to music until I can't stand it anymore lol. I'm sure its a great book though, I'll keep an eye out for it!

The rarest one I have that I can say I don't know anyone else that has seen it is the following..

Gunther Rall and Chuck Yeager were sitting side by side and the subject they were on was American planes vs German. The numerical' date=' technical, and tactical side of it. Rall started to recall a particular mission where he kept going after a particular mustang that got separated from the rest of his flight, the fight between them was pretty intense. After about 20 seconds of him speaking about it Yeager had this look on his face like he'd seen a ghost or something.

Yeager eventually interrupted Rall to ask him if he could remember roughly the date of this mission. Rall replied with the date and Yeager was blown away. He goes "That was me you were after!", then Rall in amazement was equally blown away and they both went on and broke down the engagement together as if the interview wasn't even taking place. Like they were in a bar having a beer recapping some old football game footage or something. Its really amazing stuff![/quote']

I would love to see or hear that interview!