DCG 3.48 Open Beta Test

Lowengrin

• 3 weeks later...

Latest beta:

http://members.shaw.ca/lowengrin/il2dcg348beta11.zip

(Hopefully) fixes the issue with "future" armour.  And adds "Slovakia" to the summer/winter code.  If you want to use the "light/online" map for Slovakia, enter it as map "Slovakia_Online".

If issues with these two things come up, you know where to find me.

Thanks!

I did a little testing and it seems the problem with the Guadalcanal '43 campaign is the New Zealand Squadron is assigned a P 40M in the masters/guadal43.mis file and there is no P 40M in the il2dgen.exe program under squadron editor, so it defaults to the yak 9, which is at the bottom of the drop down list of planes. I switched the .mis to the P 40E just as a quick fix, is there an easy way to add the P 40M to il2dgen?

About Slovakia.

Please, Sir, can you be more clear.

Wich line to change, in wich file...

The maps.dcg file, I guess.

The line: "Load=Slovakia/load_online.ini" become "Load=Slovakia_Online"? Or something else?

Thanks.

Actually, since it's now hard-coded, you can just add it to the grandcampaign.dcg or allcampaigns.dcg file for the "Map = ".  No need to put it in the maps.dcg file at all.

I did a little testing and it seems the problem with the Guadalcanal '43 campaign is the New Zealand Squadron is assigned a P 40M in the masters/guadal43.mis file and there is no P 40M in the il2dgen.exe program under squadron editor, so it defaults to the yak 9, which is at the bottom of the drop down list of planes. I switched the .mis to the P 40E just as a quick fix, is there an easy way to add the P 40M to il2dgen?

I see the problem.  The P-40M isn't available until March '43 and the campaign begins in December '42.  Need to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any news on the Carrier (spawn) takeoff issue?

I did a little further on this issue and indeed, via the timetable.dcg I can successfully generate the first mission with correct carrier spawn/takeoff and landing.  However, upon clicking "Apply" to cycle the mission in the campaign, the second mission generates as an airstart noting the offmap field as home plate rather than the carrier.  Perhaps I could cheat via the timeline and each day move squad to carrier, but hopefully some way to successfully spawn will be found.  Note, when running a DGEN carrier campaign, the carrier spawning occurs normally, but....who want dgen when we have DCG?!   :) .

~S~

wind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest beta here:

http://members.shaw.ca/lowengrin/il2dcg348beta13.zip

This should fix the issue with static object losses not being applied to troop strengths (except when the static objects are the ones randomly generated at the front).  It should also fix online issues with the Ju-52s.  And the old MDS box in the Dogfight Panel has been removed for a simple MDS option in the Option drop down menu.  If checked, it will activate MDS for ALL mission types...whether this is a good thing or not....