Unending Campaign/some campaign progression issues

Pandacat

I played USMC Guadalcanal 43 map for 40+ missions and winning almost every one of them.(I always get "mission accomplished, great run..." message. But the campaign doesn't seem to advance to the next map. I checked grandcampaign.dcg file. There is no "Guadalcanal 43 to 'whatever comes next" section. Is that why I don't see campaign progression? Same thing goes for USAAF's New Guineas 42 campaign. The front line is so close to Buna, just never gets to capture the city.

Oh, I thought what comes next to Guadal43 should be Palau. Cuz when you first start grandcamp, you see a list of mini campaigns. It seems the grandcamp progression follows that list. But I am not 100% certain. Btw, how do you view ground war? It seems the only ground object that I can view is carrier.

Palau comes after the Mariannas (after the grandcampaign.dcg entrys, Guadal43/Tarawa/Mariannas/Palau/ . . .)

All ground columns should be displayed in the "Ground objects editor" panel of DCG! Of course when they included in the current subcampaign!

Set the related vehicle column back to a "blank" location! For static objects set the option "Active" to "No"!

But dont forget, all these changes are active from the next created mission!

I must admit I never played the standard campaigns intensively!

After the entries in the grandcampaign stops the USAAF campaign in NewGuinea42!

Should finally end when Buna is captured by the allied!

I have also the impression that some settings for the standard campaigns are hard coded in DCG!

Because some (.mis,.rds,.rls) files like the Italy subcampaign have different names . . .

Maybe Paul can say more about it!

The problem is Buna never gets captured even after 40+ straight winning missions. The front line just stagnates around the city. I got "mission accomplished" message every mission. The IJ planes have been swept from the sky. The sky belongs completely to Allies. It seems the success in air has no impact on ground battles. This makes me wonder if the mini campaign is winnable.

I never used it but try to add new columns for the allied for your current campaign!

Go to "Ground Objects Editor" panel of DCG and select under "column" the option "Add new column", available at the end of the list of all the columns!

With more allied forces you should capture Buna!

I have also the impression that some settings for the standard campaigns are hard coded in DCG! Because some (.mis' date='.rds,.rls) files like the Italy subcampaign have different names . . .

Maybe Paul can say more about it![/quote']

Initially they were hardcoded but they can now all be overridden using the maps.dcg file.

The problem with the land battles in the (early) Pacific campaign are the very wimpy ground units that are available. I suspect that when the Allieds are near Buna, the AAA around the airfields make short work of the Allied vehicles and tanks. You might want to beef up the Allied ground units.