Application + Questions

Zerfass

• What is your Timezone? - EST-Florida

Do you have a joystick or HOTAS? - Old Extreme 3D, wanting to upgrade to a pro X52

Do you have TeamSpeak installed, as well as a working microphone? - Yes

Do you have TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control? - No, looking at one possibly

What sims are you currently flying? - Not really any, been burnt out. I have previous experience even in the old MS FS'. I also own CLoD

How did you hear about JG1? - RoF squadrons sub-forum

Is there anything else that you'd like us to know? - I have vast knowledge of WWII history, and pretty much nearly every warplane up to Vietnam. I currently do not own any DLC for RoF as of now, but will when a sale drops on Steam

Zerfass,

Whats your main TZ?

How big is the RoF and CLoD squadrons?

Is there any realism in the flying? - Formations, group tactics, etc.

Hey Zerfass! Glad to see you made it over here! :)

I'll answer your questions as best I can, being rather new myself, but there should be others along who can explain in more detail. ;)

We have 3 squadrons (J11, J10 & J4 I believe) based out of North America. We also have a strong European squadron (J6). Right now we are flying missions for Flanders in Flames on Wednesdays at 9:00pm EDT and on Saturdays at 2:00pm EDT I think.

We are a fairly large squadron. I'm not sure how large our CLoD group is but here's our squad page on the Wargrounds stats to give you a good idea. (Keep in mind some of our pilots may not have registered on our Wargrounds squad page):

http://stats.newwingstraining.com/squad/1032/

Yes indeed, there is plenty of realism here. During your training, you will have the opportunity not only to learn formation-flying, but also tournament skills and navigation. Furthermore, if they wish to expand their skills in any area, members can simply post on the forums something to the effect of: "I'd like to learn how to ____." and almost certainly some of our pilots will volunteer to help you out. :D

Really you couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys to fly with!

Edited by HotleadColdfeet

Hey Zerfass! Glad to see you made it over here! :)

I'll answer your questions as best I can, being rather new myself, but there should be others along who can explain in more detail. ;)

We have 3 squadrons (J11, J10 & J4 I believe) based out of North America. We also have a strong European squadron (J6). Right now we are flying missions for Flanders in Flames on Wednesdays at 9:00pm EDT and on Saturdays at 2:00pm EDT I think.

We are a fairly large squadron. I'm not sure how large our CLoD group is but here's our squad page on the Wargrounds stats to give you a fairly good idea. (Keep in mind some of our pilots may not have registered on our Wargrounds squad page):

http://stats.newwingstraining.com/squad/1032/

Yes indeed, there is plenty of realism here. During your training, you will have the opportunity not only to learn formation-flying, but also tournament skills and navigation. Furthermore, if they wish to expand your skills in any area, members can simply post on the forums something to the effect of: "I'd like to learn how to ____." and almost certainly some of our pilots will volunteer to help you out. :D

Really you couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys to fly with!

Learning how to fly and formation is the opposite of any problem, my fathers side of the family are pretty much all pilots so I know how to fly-and how to do formation flying. The proper military fashion.

Navigation in RoF is something I'm trying to get the hang of.

Do you have some sort of teamspeak of the sort I can join and have a chat with an officer of the sort?

Salute, Zerfass!

My name is Britchot, I am the XO of JG1. Although I'm out of town on a business trip, I will add some information to what Hotlead has already provided. His description of our RoF group is correct, it is the one facet that I am unable to fly very often due to family balance.

Our WWII group, II./JG1, consists of one predominantly European squadron and a predominantly North American squadron with a headquarters section. The roster boasts over 25 pilots but we have been somewhat dormant, awaiting the continuation of our primary online tournament, Ghost Skies. Ghost Skies will be resuming shortly and I anticipate our tempo to return to 12+ pilots per scheduled night. We fly Team Fusion's modded Cliffs of Dover, mainly, with several pilots gathering on Battle of Stalingrad and DCS's WWII aircraft.

It is important to note that we have a third group that participates in DCS around the genre of the Cold War, flying the MiG-21 and -15, along with dabbling in the more modern aircraft and even helicopters. That group is anticipating the release of DCS World 2.0, where we hope the online play can expand as well as correcting some visibility concerns.

As you see, we have quite a reasonable amount of flying, centered around the German air forces of three generations. Klaiber, our CO is out this weekend but I would expect a response from him tomorrow, to include scheduling a meeting on TeamSpeak.

I look forward to having the opportunity to fly with you.

Is there any realism in the flying? - Formations, group tactics, etc.

I neglected to answer this one yesterday, I apologize. Yes, we do use formations and tactics that were developed throughout the early 20th century. It's hard to ignore lessons taught by Werner Mölders when you go back to the Great War, though. Therefore our tactics may not be period specific.

We also use TeamSpeak and rely heavily on wingmanship to accomplish our goals and to increase our survival.

Hi Zerfass,

Sorry for not responding sooner!  As Brit mentioned, I was away this weekend.

Hotlead and Brit are correct on all points.

I'll email you later tonight.

As we talk about JG1 membership and training, I'll also give you JG1's TeamSpeak information.

Hi Zerfass,

Sorry for not responding sooner!  As Brit mentioned, I was away this weekend.

Hotlead and Brit are correct on all points.

I'll email you later tonight.

As we talk about JG1 membership and training, I'll also give you JG1's TeamSpeak information.

Aye then, guessing email on here or my phsyical one?