Record your saved tracks regularly

Barton

I lost a shit load of old tracks from the recent update.  A couple that weren't too old that I really wanted to use for videos.  Oh, well.  Thought I would have learned this lesson by now but recent experience proves otherwise.

Not sure when I'll get enough material for more videos as I have found time to play very fleeting.

Is it that the tracks disappear entirely, or that they just don't work properly or at all within the new version?

The latter has happened to me within RoF.  The track is still in the list, but won't play back properly.

On another, sort of related note, I was wondering if others experience this during RoF track playbacks:  If I watch a track entirely within the cockpit view (F1), it looks completely normal to me; just the way I saw it during the recording.  However, if I go to an external view (F2) and then go back into the cockpit view (F1), that cockpit view then has a far smaller FOV (greater level of zoom), and then I can't see nearly as much going on at the peripheries of my view as I did when I recorded it; and it stays that way for the rest of the playback.

That anomaly makes creating an accurate video much more difficult.  You can get around it, but it complicates things.

The tracks list but it has an error when you try to play them.  Ctrl+F! gets you back into the cockpit.  If you just hit F1 it has a narrowed FOV and won't zoom as you did as it was happening (if you were adjusting this during the fight).. Ctrl + F1 brings it back to the way it should be.  Don't know why this is.  Russians, I guess...