Flyable C-47 and two new FC planes coming!

Can you use the C-47 to fly car parts out of Laredo?  I am already trained. 

Siemen-Schuckert....  if it is not the best plane in the game, they nerfed it. Climbed like a rocket, dove like a comet, incredibly maneuverable...   let the crumpets whining begin now because it should tear the ASS off anything it comes across. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:45 AM, Ludwig said:

Can you use the C-47 to fly car parts out of Laredo?  I am already trained. 

Siemen-Schuckert....  if it is not the best plane in the game, they nerfed it. Climbed like a rocket, dove like a comet, incredibly maneuverable...   let the crumpets whining begin now because it should tear the ASS off anything it comes across. 

This is some interesting data someone just posted on the FC forums. Now I’m interested in trying out the Fokker D.VIII when that releases in a week or so. 

5 hours ago, HotleadColdfeet said:

This is some interesting data someone just posted on the FC forums. Now I’m interested in trying out the Fokker D.VIII when that releases in a week or so. 

With the BMW engine the Fokker D.VII is almost as fast as the D.VIII and has a power to weight ratio which makes it comparable to the SSW D.IV while retaining a lower wing-loading... so it may well be the superior plane when given the latest engine.

This was the most interesting line in the piece.... I pretty much expected that the performance of the Siemen Schuckert would be debilitated... just because...   the geared engine and 4 blade prop totally blow away the numbers... you can not match this aircraft against the other standard configurations. How many 2 bladed props did you see on WW II aircraft? They started with them and were quickly left off when the torque made it possible to swing a prop with 3+ blades. Anyone that has flown a geared engine knows the benefits of performance are balanced against the mechanical disadvantages (the more moving parts, the more things that can go wrong) but the Siemens guys were on the right track and that machine was a killer. Once again I see the same problems in the flight model of drag and acceleration becoming the downfall of the German aircraft. 

I sincerely hope that I am incorrect.