Application - Reiher

Reiher

How's it going everyone! I've been searching around for a group to help improve my flight sim aviation skills as I can only learn so much on my own, along with make new friends and accomplish team-oriented sorties with. I'm new to the flight sim world having only a few months under my belt but I'm glad I discovered IL-2 as it checks all the boxes for what I've always found an interest in - WW2 air combat. JG1 is also very appealing specifically because of my interest in German BF109's and FW 190's and the men who flew them, and the historical ode to a real Luftwaffe unit. I hope to contribute to JG1 any way I can although I am very much a beginner.

• What is your Timezone? UTC -04:00 (Eastern US)
  • Do you have a joystick or HOTAS? Yes
  • Do you have TeamSpeak and Discord installed, as well as a working microphone? Yes
  • Do you have VR, TrackIR, or a FreeTrack system for view control? TrackIR
  • What sims are you currently flying? Mostly IL-2, with some DCS and MSFS
  • How did you hear about JG1? IL-2 Forums
  • Is there anything else that you'd like us to know? I'm active duty military so my availability changes unexpectedly, with upwards to a month gone at a time for training events, however when I'm home I'm getting as many virtual flight hours in as I can! Hoping I can use this passion to get a PPL one day.

• Reiher changed the title to Application - Reiher

Thank you for the warm welcome Beans! Do you happen to have the TS pw on hand or should I be getting that another time?

Also, in keeping with the Luftwaffe theme I felt it more appropriate to go by a German display name. I hope the sudden change isn't forbidden!

3 hours ago, Reiher said:

Thank you for the warm welcome Beans! Do you happen to have the TS pw on hand or should I be getting that another time?

Also, in keeping with the Luftwaffe theme I felt it more appropriate to go by a German display name. I hope the sudden change isn't forbidden!

Welcome, Reiher.  Our CO will send a welcome email to you and it will give you a couple things to read and then invite you to the TS/Discord servers.  It shouldn't be too long from now.  

Picking a German persona is part of the process, so don't worry and a Heron is a very reasonable selection.