Mini-stick "Extension"

Vonrd

This is on a Virpil CM3 Throttle but the idea should work on any Mini-stick. Having messed around with sensitivity / curves in both the VPC Config software and DCS controls I just couldn't get a good sweetspot. Then I thought about how much a stick extension on my joystick improved the overall feel and thought, "why not an extension for the Mini-stick as well?" I didn't want to damage the existing stick and tried several contraptions using flat head screws, dowels, etc. attached with electrical tape or double stick tape, all of which were not secure enough. I found this cap on a tube of antiseptic cream and remembered that I had some large heat-shrink tubing and came up with this idea. It works great! I'm able to slew precisely to a target at full zoom but still can move the cursor quickly at wide FOV. Maybe someone can come up with a plastic printable version that either snaps on or screws on over the OD of the button. 

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg