Which servers do 2JG1 usually fly on?

Hi Catseye, long time!  By "aircraft platform" are you asking what simulator we're flying on or specific models?  I'll let the 2. Staffel answer as to where, just seeking clarification. 

Hi Britchot,

It has indeed been a long time.

Wanting to get back into warbirds. I fly mainly DCS but they have really not supported this genre for quite some time. Therefore, I've been head-down in the cockpit flying jets for quite some time, but I do truly miss the cameraderie of squad flying and in particular warbirds.

So my question really is: Do you guys mainly fly in IL-2?   Any DCS?   and . . . . what is the preferred aircraft/maps that are used?

Trying to make a decision to move to the "dark-side" or re-direct my efforts. Having flown with 2/JG1 in the past as "Katz", and really enjoyed it, I keep coming by to sort things out.

Nice speaking with you again,

Cheers,

Cats. . . . 

4 minutes ago, Catseye said:

Do you guys mainly fly in IL-2?   Any DCS?   and . . . . what is the preferred aircraft/maps that are used?

@CatseyeWelcome back!

Traffic on the server has been pretty minimal this week due to the holiday.

We fly both DCS and IL2. DCS ranges from Cold War era jets and helicopters and there is also a contingent that fly's WWII in DCS. In IL2 we fly both WWII and FC (WWI) but there are relatively fewer of us in IL2. There also some tankers. We just completed the most recent version of our event (under the ACME moniker) Aces Over Crimea. Here's a link: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/88061-ad-astra-server/?do=findComment&comment=1314643

On 7/7/2024 at 10:08 AM, Klaiber said:

Hi @Catseye, good to see you.

Hi Klaiber, nice to drop in from time to time. I'm still committed to DCS - warbirds in particular but looking at coldwar as well. I have fond thoughts of 2/JG1 and always find it worthwhile to drop in and say hi.    cheers

3 hours ago, Catseye said:

Hi Klaiber, nice to drop in from time to time. I'm still committed to DCS - warbirds in particular but looking at coldwar as well. I have fond thoughts of 2/JG1 and always find it worthwhile to drop in and say hi.    cheers

Yeah, feel free to join us on Discord whenever you are looking to hang out.

14 hours ago, Catseye said:

Link - thanks.

Disregard please - found it.   thanks again.

I'm glad that you found it.  For anyone else looking, here is JG1's Discord: https://discord.gg/SM6Uk5XuJ2

We're flying DCS Cold War tonight.  Focusing on the MiG-21 versus the F-4E.  But all are welcome regardless of aircraft preference.