Lovin' Life

c4nucK

S! JG1,

Sorry for my continued inactivity. Git another punch from life I got to roll with. Tore my ACL in my left knee training for a Martial Arts called Battle of Atlanta. Its the olympics of Marti Arts tournaments. My training partner went to go in for a take down by grabbing the back of my knees and I was able to underhook both of his arms before he was able to wrap me.

I went to go lift hit him straight up and drop him but as soon as I got him up my knee popped twice and I went back further than it was suppose to because I locked it out. I immediately dropped and screamed like I never screamed before. That shit had me damn near delusional.

On a lighter note as soon as it happened I yelled for liquor and a few other "numbing substances" and they immediately showed it. Its funny to look back and laugh at it.

Surgery is scheduled for the 26th. At my own request ivr asked for no opiates. Im still clean. 3 years, 7 months, and this evening. Thoughts and prayers are welcomed with the up coming surgery and staying strong.

Who knows. I might use the recoop time to finally huild this PC and get myself back up and running. On the downside because I live in a "right to work state" with no unions and I was working through a temp agency they fired me regardless of hospital documentation. Gatta love South Carolina.

S!

Regards,

JG1_c4nucK

Tyson

Hey c4nucK,

It's great to hear from you!  But I'm really sorry to hear about your injury.  As Brit says, torn ligaments are no joke.  So I wish you a very speedy recovery!

Either way, good luck with the job hunt.  We're all rooting for you!

I have a coupke questions for yall.

1.) Is the IL1946 division still active?

2.) Do you guys still do Skies

3.) Is the flying style that emphasizes teamwork, communication, and as much professionalism as possible?

4.) Anyone have an extra vid card and or mobo/cbu combo laying around? Honestly hate to ask but at this point ive put pride away, money is gonna get crazy tight with this surgery) I could probably pay the shipping so your not having to dish any cash out of pocket.

5.) How did JG1 one do in the Pacific campaign that followed the one and only GS campaign I played (believe it was italian based, we had spits, enemy has macchis, 109's and 190's I believe

6.) Has the group shifted thowards ClOD?

7.) Has BoS been released and how is it?

8.) Any word on the DCS FW 190 sim that was still in development way back when.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to getting back in the skies.

Regards,

JG1_c4nucK

1.) Is the IL1946 division still active? Yes, though we're pretty low on numbers in GS but people have their reasons.

2.) Do you guys still do Skies Yes, see #1.

3.) Is the flying style that emphasizes teamwork, communication, and as much professionalism as possible? Our flying style is the same as it was in Italy when you flew with us.  I think the answer to this question is "yes."

4.) Anyone have an extra vid card and or mobo/cbu combo laying around? Honestly hate to ask but at this point ive put pride away, money is gonna get crazy tight with this surgery) I could probably pay the shipping so your not having to dish any cash out of pocket. Unfortunately, I tossed my vid/mobo/cpu about 2 months ago after upgrading those components back during Xmas.

5.) How did JG1 one do in the Pacific campaign that followed the one and only GS campaign I played (believe it was italian based, we had spits, enemy has macchis, 109's and 190's I believe This would have been the Malaya campaign and I would say that it had it's fun times but was pretty much a one sided conversation and we were on the receiving end. Not-so-hot.

6.) Has the group shifted thowards ClOD? We are currently looking to participate in a small campaign in CloD and our numbers are resurging for it.  There are other developments for CloD that could lead us more towards that simulation, though we still do fly 1946.

7.) Has BoS been released and how is it? No, it is still in it's Alpha phase.  I've tested it some and it's a beautiful sim, much like Rise of Flight.  They still have quite a ways to go, though.

8.) Any word on the DCS FW 190 sim that was still in development way back when. DCS is one of those sims you don't want to hold your breath on.  The makers of DCS: P-51 and DCS: Fw-190 are actually a lot of the same guys that did CloD.  They have announced a "DCS: 1944" with Bf-109K-4s, Spitfires, P-47s, and the Me-262.  Again, don't hold your breath on the release.

9.) One last thing. I purchased the android Teamspeak app and am trying to find the TS info and am having trouble doing it via my mobile device. Could someone post it or PM it to me. Thanks. Try this link: http://forum.jg1.org/index.php?showtopic=23