Watch your back! (Rise of Flight multiplayer film)

J5_Hotlead

Here is the footage of my encounter with 2 N.17s last FiF. I was in a Halberstadt CL.II, returning from a successful bombing mission and the bandits snuck up behind me.

NOTE: In the film, I give my location as being over Czim. In actuality it turns out I was over Pnchpckt. :/

If you were actually at Pnchdpokt as you say, I might have seen the aftermath of that engagement in which I spotted one of the N17's egressing from that drome. After giving chase me and two others shot those two down east of that airfield. At the time I could not figure out why an N17 would be low over our field. The thing that drew my attention to him was the ground defenses shooting tracers at him. Later he joined his partner and they both fell to our guns, but not before killing Kaiser first. They gave a good account of themselves.

If it actually played out the way I think it did, sorry we did not get on the scene a few minutes earlier. Great video, as always! S!

If you were actually at Pnchdpokt as you say, I might have seen the aftermath of that engagement in which I spotted one of the N17's egressing from that drome. After giving chase me and two others shot those two down east of that airfield. At the time I could not figure out why an N17 would be low over our field. The thing that drew my attention to him was the ground defenses shooting tracers at him. Later he joined his partner and they both fell to our guns, but not before killing Kaiser first. They gave a good account of themselves.If it actually played out the way I think it did, sorry we did not get on the scene a few minutes earlier. Great video, as always! S!

Thanks Wile E! Those short films are always fun to make. ;)

What you say makes sense. I know Kempf went looking for the 2nd N.17 but couldn't find him, so it is probable that you and your buddies got to him first. As far as not getting on the scene in time...who could blame you? I was telling everyone I was over Czim! :P So much for my navigation! :lol:

Hotlead, I wish I had not have landed. I had no idea you were there until I looked up from the ground. Next time I'll cover your 6!

Hey no problem man. I had no idea you were there until I looked down from the sky! :lol: I appreciated you staying to give what support you could from the tail turret. It gave me some friendly fire to drag the bandits through. And at any rate, it all turned out well: I lived to fight another day and had the additional bonus of taking one of them out of action. :)

I'm curious how you set up to record comms as well.

I use NVIDIA ShadowPlay. If something happens that I wanted to record, I just hit the hotkey and it records the last 5 minutes of gameplay, including any comms chatter. Don't worry though, I'm pretty stringent on what I allow to be made public. No team secrets or overly-embarrassing chatter. I left Butzzell's "out of gas" line in, because I know he can take a joke and wouldn't be bothered by it. ;)

Sometime I should put together a blooper reel of my own greatest failures. That would be a memorable watch! :lol: