A little longer, folks

Somnus

Not that I can say I didn't expect it, but it's still a little disappointing:

We have determined that the DCS World 2.5 update will not be available in 2016 as we had earlier hoped. This is mainly due to additional work needing to be done of the Caucasus map update, and we don't feel it can be accomplished within the next two months at a high level of quality. Before we can complete this map update, we first need to finalize and release both the Nevada map update and the Normandy map. Those, along with the Spitfire, are now our highest priorities. Once the Nevada update and the Normandy map tasks are complete, our map team can return to the Caucuses map and move the 2.5 closer to an Open Beta release.

With them waiting on the Normandy map before merging the two releases, I wonder how much longer that'll make things?

Hornet Update

As with the DCS World 2.5 update, it was also decided last week that the Hornet Early Access will be pushed beyond our original desire to release by the end of this year. As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we are now very busy coding the various cockpit systems and flight dynamics. However, as this work continues and we acquire new information, the level of complexity has become more apparent and it will take more time than first estimated.

When we do have significant news on the project to share, we will certainly do so. Once the Early Access for this project goes into pre-purchase, we will announce its release date then.