Il-2 flight data export for simpit as in DCS

ScorchedBeans

Hey gents,

I’ve started to taking an interest in building a simpit for the 109 in il-2  with exporting the instrument data to external gauges. I know that this has been done before in il-2 1946 and is currently possible in DCS (I’m reminded of TheWarthogProject’s beautiful setup). It seems like I’m not the only one on the forums that’s interested; apparently Jason is waiting for someone to come up with a concrete approach before they can get to work on something to facilitate that.

Perhaps some of you guys with coding/electronic experience knows of a temporary work around with that sort of thing? How does one approach getting something like this in il-2?

• ScorchedBeans changed the title to Il-2 flight data export for simpit as in DCS

SB,

I used to build Edge Lit Panels (NVIS) with Filters for Night Vision Goggles for Attack Aircraft / Helicopters. National Instruments LabView was the software we used in the lab when testing output. Thing is it's expensive and the panels are very complex to manufacture. Do you want to recreate the Bf-109 instruments on a monitor or a full blown pit?

S!

On 4/22/2021 at 5:29 PM, Lipfert said:

Do you want to recreate the Bf-109 instruments on a monitor or a full blown pit?

Yeah, the idea would be to construct a fully fleshed out 109 pit with all the gauges, levers, and whatnot. The only issue is that I don't think il-2 exports data for the gauges like you could in DCS. I suppose if I wanted to build a full sim pit, I would have to use DCS until something could be done about exporting gauge data in Il-2. 

13 hours ago, ScorchedBeans said:

Yeah, the idea would be to construct a fully fleshed out 109 pit with all the gauges, levers, and whatnot. The only issue is that I don't think il-2 exports data for the gauges like you could in DCS. I suppose if I wanted to build a full sim pit, I would have to use DCS until something could be done about exporting gauge data in Il-2. 

My 2 cents would be concentrate on DCS.

S!