Black September 2023

J5_Hotlead

Salute guys! J5 is starting this year's Black September campaign soon, so I thought I'd extend an invite to join the fun. We'll be running some unique planesets, including the new early-war birds from FC3. If anyone's interested, you can find out more here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/85434-black-september-viii-campaign-–-september-during-the-great-war/

On another note, how have you guys been? Haven't touched base in a bit and wanted to say hi. 🙂

Hi Hotlead, long time no see, hope you are doing fine! 🫡

I noticed the tournament and would be interested to fly, as usual the timefrime is a little bid early for me, but I hope I could at least join some missions for 2nd half. 🙂

So I am looking around here: Any other JG1-Pilot planning to participate?

Btw.: Are you and J5 also flying the Knights of Skies (which moves to Friday during Black September time)?

On 9/5/2023 at 3:10 PM, Klaiber said:

Thanks for the invite Hotlead!

I hope that everything has been great with you. :)

Honestly, things have been really busy for me lately. Until just now, work has been crazy as everyone is ordering school supplies for the start of the school year. I've been flying when I can, but it's been a bit sporadic. 😅 

On 9/6/2023 at 5:16 AM, Etzel said:

Hi Hotlead, long time no see, hope you are doing fine! 🫡

I noticed the tournament and would be interested to fly, as usual the timefrime is a little bid early for me, but I hope I could at least join some missions for 2nd half. 🙂

So I am looking around here: Any other JG1-Pilot planning to participate?

Btw.: Are you and J5 also flying the Knights of Skies (which moves to Friday during Black September time)?

Hey Etzel! Great to hear from you! 😄 I haven't flown Knights of Skies too much yet, but it looks like a really promising server. Have you guys flown there? And if so, what do you think?

I flew 2 or 3 Missions on a Saturday at Knights Server, think 2 weeks ago...

Was nice and as far as I remember Von, Jaus, (I think) Heinrich und some J30ies were there; but that was the only occasion so far.

How was the BS test run yesterday? Finally was anyhow flying WW2, but in the list I did not even find the J5 Server yesterday in the evening... 🤔

On 9/10/2023 at 2:17 PM, Etzel said:

I flew 2 or 3 Missions on a Saturday at Knights Server, think 2 weeks ago...

Was nice and as far as I remember Von, Jaus, (I think) Heinrich und some J30ies were there; but that was the only occasion so far.

How was the BS test run yesterday? Finally was anyhow flying WW2, but in the list I did not even find the J5 Server yesterday in the evening... 🤔

Nice! The BS test run didn’t happen as planned last Saturday because the server never came up. I think Baeumer and Matthias were away that day. So, we gave the Knights of the Sky server a shot. It was fun! 😃

The campaign is scheduled to go live this Saturday at 1700 GMT (briefing 30 minutes prior). Daedallus does have a sign up sheet in the blue team command Discord: https://discord.com/channels/1033138099024302180/1048826596376707173

If any JG1 pilots have issues accessing the sign up sheet (like I did at first) just let me know you’re coming and I can sign you up. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! We have another week of Black September coming up, and Blue Team needs Pfalz D.XII and DFW pilots. I told Daedallus I know where I might be able to find some of those. 😉 If anyone wants to help us win glory for der Kaiser this Saturday, just let me know! No need to worry about sign up sheets; if you're interested, just reply here and I will add you to the appropriate sheet. 

Mission starts at 1pm Central US time / 1800 GMT. Briefing begins 30 minutes before that on the Flugpark Discord. I'll be leading a flight of D.XIIs if anyone wants to wing with me. 🙂

Hey, I am available for any plane, probably best used in DFW!

Problem: Cannot join before 1900 or 1930 GMT; so Q is if there are any missions left at that time?

So if such late comers as me are usefull, just let me know where to show up for receiving any specific orders... (and esp. where I would find a PW to join the server, as I never "officially" signed up)?

S! 

Etz

7 hours ago, Etzel said:

Hey, I am available for any plane, probably best used in DFW!

Problem: Cannot join before 1900 or 1930 GMT; so Q is if there are any missions left at that time?

So if such late comers as me are usefull, just let me know where to show up for receiving any specific orders... (and esp. where I would find a PW to join the server, as I never "officially" signed up)?

S! 

Etz

Hey Etzel! A pilot just withdrew from my flight due to RL, so Daedallus (and I) would love to have you in my Pfalz D.XII flight, if you're ok with that. Just join whenever you can. I’ll be in Kette 1, in the Flugpark discord. I’ll also message you the password in Discord once I know it. 🙂👍

Hey @Etzel! Sorry for the late post, but better late than never. 😅👍 Here is the link to the campaign parser you asked for: http://stats.jasta5.org:8002/en/missions/?tour=5

You fought well; we were glad to have you even if only for a short time. Didn't take you much time to shoot one of those biscuit-eaters down, I see. 😁

And @Jaus, thank you for coming and fitting into the picket role in the DFW! Not a glamorous job I know, but someone had to do it, and you did your part really well. I know Daedallus really appreciated having you along. 😊

On 10/6/2023 at 5:05 PM, J5_Hotlead said:

d @Jaus, thank you for coming and fitting into the picket role in the DFW! Not a glamorous job I know, but someone had to do it, and you did your part really well. I know Daedallus really appreciated having you along. 😊

Thanks.   The limited comms idea was interesting.   I fired flares on two occasions.   I wondered if anyone saw them.

4 hours ago, Jaus said:

Thanks.   The limited comms idea was interesting.   I fired flares on two occasions.   I wondered if anyone saw them.

I think I saw yours once. Technically, we were assigned to high cover with another flight lower. But once it became clear that all the action was on the deck, we came down and stayed there for the rest of the mission.

6 hours ago, Etzel said:

Thanks a lot @J5_Hotlead!

Allthough it was just a very short participation for me, I enjoyed it pretty much to fly with you again 😎

Please keep leeting us know about chances to fly WW1 in such appealing events, I will try to join whenever it's possible 😉

Salute!

Etz

It was great flying with you again too! I’ll definitely keep you guys informed when similar opportunities come around.