MIG-23 Flogger DCS

Raptor

4 minutes ago, Raptor said:

If this gets released this year, would we start implementing these? I dont know that much on the 23 but it looks like a really cool aircraft! 

There are a few of us that are looking forward to the Mig-23 so I'm sure we will use these in some form of another.

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

I just got curious this morning on if the MIG 23 would be ever coming to DCS and low and behold, I saw this article https://stormbirds.blog/2024/01/24/dcs-mig-23mla-status-update-from-razbam/ 

If this gets released this year, would we start implementing these? I dont know that much on the 23 but it looks like a really cool aircraft! 

Oh yes.  We're very excited for the MiG-23.  And the MiG-17 as well: https://stormbirds.blog/2024/01/01/red-star-simulations-mig-17-update/

18 minutes ago, Klaiber said:

Oh yes.  We're very excited for the MiG-23.  And the MiG-17 as well: https://stormbirds.blog/2024/01/01/red-star-simulations-mig-17-update/

Stop me if I am completely misreading this, but it looks like the 17 will be rely heavily on its gun tracking systems? Will the 17 be more of a guns approach then a missile approach?

1 hour ago, Raptor said:

Kinda went down a rabbit hole with the 23, saw a Enigma video explaining how the 23 is the "missing puzzle piece" for the cold war game loop and I have to say he made some good points with his presentation.

MIG23.PNG

Yeah, the MiG-23 is very important for REDFOR.  The first Soviet look-down/shoot-down radar system.  It'll be a game changer on servers like Engima's.

59 minutes ago, Raptor said:

Stop me if I am completely misreading this, but it looks like the 17 will be rely heavily on its gun tracking systems? Will the 17 be more of a guns approach then a missile approach?

The MiG-17 is primarily a gunfighter.  No missiles in early models.  Missiles only in later models.  MiG-17PF and beyond.

The MiG-19 is transitional - mostly gunfighter, again with a limited missile capability.

However, rate-fighting maneuverable gunfighters, using the right tactics, can be used to devastating effectiveness.

On 3/13/2024 at 11:08 AM, Raptor said:

Just found out this particular 23 was lost in an airshow.

I was just about to point that out.  

Definitely looking forward to the MiG-17/23/29 that are all in development.

I wonder if RAZBAM will put a pilot model in the 19 when they do the 23?