FIF XXV Registration

Klaiber

Hi All,

Welcome to the International Flanders In Flames Online War!

If you have not already signed up in the past, and are a new pilot to FIF, please post below with the following information:

• Your In-Game Name:
  • [if applicable] Your Squadron affiliation (with squadron website if possible):
  • Your preferred side (Central, Entente or Don't Care):
  • Your timezone:

Your post within this thread is very important, as it lets us know who to give forum access to.

After posting within this thread, please be patient.

It may take up to 24 hours before your request to join a group has been approved.

Please note: the two teams in FIF are not affiliated with either in-game side! After a campaign phase, they will swap sides, allowing everyone to fly all aircraft.

If you don't get assigned to your preferred side the first time, you'll eventually be rotated to it (usually within 4 to 6 weeks).

Thanks and Salut!

JG1_Klaiber

Hi Daedallus,

You're all set for the Blue Team.  Make sure to look for their team-specific area on the FIF boards.  Because we're in-between campaigns, there won't be very much there.

But, it should have the TS information.  And things will pick up after Jasta 5's Black September ends.

Looking forward to flying with you!

-Klaiber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Pilots, 

I'm new here and would like to register for your campaign on red side:

Name in game: I-JG7_K.Fliege

Squadron: I. Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 7 "Nowotny" (www.jg7.de.tl)

Preference: Red side (German)

TIme zone: GMT+1 (Germany)

Thanks. 

Killerfliege

Hi!

II./JG77_Tuesday

II. Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 77 "Herz As"  (http://116thpanzer.com/il2forums)

Red Side

EST -5

Cheers folks, looking forward to this

Hello Pilots, 

I'm new here and would like to register for your campaign on red side:

Name in game: I/JG7_Wasp

Squadron: I. Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 7 "Nowotny" (www.jg7.de.tl)

Preference: Red side (German)

TIme zone: GMT+1 (Germany)

Thanks. 

Wasp

Hi Guys, I'm going to assign you to the Blue Team.  Blue is starting off as German first.  I hope you don't mind.

Check the Blue team area for information regarding your team.  Blue Team uses the New Wings teamspeak, which you can find here:

http://newwingstraining.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87&sid=063221d74b03cdfbf2917233788c008d

Welcome!

• Your In-Game Name: danudet (cant figure out how to change in game name if at all possible)

[if applicable] Your Squadron affiliation (with squadron website if possible): JG1

Your preferred side (Central, Entente or Don't Care): Central

Your timezone: Central

Ice Age is out of action for the next 3 weeks.  After the FiF test session yesterday, while flying BoS, I had a blue screen, and then could not reboot the machine.  I've determined that my processor is fried.  No point in getting a replacement chip since it's old anyway, so I'm going to just go ahead and proceed with a completely new computer build.  I figure I'll be down (and unable to attend FIF) for about the next 3 weeks. 

• Your In-Game Name: danudet (cant figure out how to change in game name if at all possible)
  • [if applicable] Your Squadron affiliation (with squadron website if possible): JG1
  • Your preferred side (Central, Entente or Don't Care): Central
  • Your timezone: Central

Hi,  you're all set for the Red Team. :)

Ice Age is out of action for the next 3 weeks.  After the FiF test session yesterday, while flying BoS, I had a blue screen, and then could not reboot the machine.  I've determined that my processor is fried.  No point in getting a replacement chip since it's old anyway, so I'm going to just go ahead and proceed with a completely new computer build.  I figure I'll be down (and unable to attend FIF) for about the next 3 weeks. 

That's awful news Ice!  Really sorry to hear this.  I hope you're able to get everything repaired quickly.

Euh Klaiber, i thought i read somewhere we have to switch to the J5 Teamspeak....

During Saturday's session, we had folks that couldn't get into our TS.  Sorry about that...  :(

The reason for that, is we're running TS under the free terms ie. limited to a maximum of 32 clients (people) on at any one time. 

We did apply for a "Non-Profit" license but it was not granted (because we accept donations - which I can assure you comes nowhere close to covering our costs, but I digress), and our usage and budget didn't justify the additional expense (Saturday was the first time in my experience that we ever actually hit the TS server's client limit). 

We may possibly revisit TS licensing again in the new year, but for now, that's where the issue stands. 

My understanding is that J5 has a higher client limit, so we're transitioning to it.   If need be, NW TS can function as a back-up in the meantime.

Regards,

4 <S!>

• 2 weeks later...

name: attetheace

Squadron: no squadron

Central

Time: +2h i live in finland

Is it possible to join as a gunner?

The clock is now 11.49

In finland

Hi Attetheace, welcome!

You've been assigned to the Blue Team.  Make sure to check their private area on these boards for the TS information (hosted by Jasta 5).  Missions are flown on Saturdays at 2PM EDT / 6PM UTC.

The server password will be passed out 15 minutes before mission start via TeamSpeak.

Should you have any questions, just let me know. :)