Marantz 2226B - Vintage 1977-78

Lipfert

• Lipfert changed the title to Marantz 2226B - Vintage 1977-78

Congratulations for your birthday and for the vintage Marantz amplifier / radio! Have you let estimate its value for nowadays ... must be very high.

I love my Marantz SR 5014 - best sound ever! Had Denon and Sony amplifiers before, decades ago, but you can´t compare them to the nuanced sound of a Marantz!  
I got configured the SR 5014 for two zones, 1st  a stereo boxes setup for Music and TV,  2nd the homecinema with beamer and 5.1 setup. You could direct every source to one or the other or both zones at the same time.

IMG_4755.jpg

Hey that's a great amp.... good for you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY.   I usually get models for my birthday (if i pick them out and put them on a wish list on my wife's computer)

Here's mine

Marantz 2215 B and I just bought the Cherry wood to make the cabinet/shroud to go around it. Simply wood project but looking forward to it a lot. Make the poor old amp look nice next to the other Marantz 2275. The little one drives my generic Sony CD player and the local classical radio station while the bigger one runs the Akai GX 635D reel to reel and also a Tandberg TCD 420A that I used for recording my banjo and backup tracks back in the old days. The 2215 has those KLH speakers which are fine for it but the 2725 I spent almost a year having it retuned and setup at the local vintage stereo shop and it has the JBL Control monitors which are absolutely awesome.

The whole thing is bottled up because I have to build the new cabinet for the stereo and the bookshelves for all the books. So for now it is just crammed on that little plastic table. Hopefully cooler weather and I can get to work on it. 

IMG_20220905_203713.jpg

2 hours ago, Ludwig said:

Hey that's a great amp.... good for you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY.   I usually get models for my birthday (if i pick them out and put them on a wish list on my wife's computer)

Here's mine

Marantz 2215 B and I just bought the Cherry wood to make the cabinet/shroud to go around it. Simply wood project but looking forward to it a lot. Make the poor old amp look nice next to the other Marantz 2275. The little one drives my generic Sony CD player and the local classical radio station while the bigger one runs the Akai GX 635D reel to reel and also a Tandberg TCD 420A that I used for recording my banjo and backup tracks back in the old days. The 2215 has those KLH speakers which are fine for it but the 2725 I spent almost a year having it retuned and setup at the local vintage stereo shop and it has the JBL Control monitors which are absolutely awesome.

The whole thing is bottled up because I have to build the new cabinet for the stereo and the bookshelves for all the books. So for now it is just crammed on that little plastic table. Hopefully cooler weather and I can get to work on it. 

IMG_20220905_203713.jpg

The 2275 is a beast, I've found a 2240 but it's not that much of a step up. Is that new case from the guy (PatheWings) in Germany? The Reel to Reel is amazing !

9 hours ago, Gus said:

Congratulations for your birthday and for the vintage Marantz amplifier / radio! Have you let estimate its value for nowadays ... must be very high.

I love my Marantz SR 5014 - best sound ever! Had Denon and Sony amplifiers before, decades ago, but you can´t compare them to the nuanced sound of a Marantz!  
I got configured the SR 5014 for two zones, 1st  a stereo boxes setup for Music and TV,  2nd the homecinema with beamer and 5.1 setup. You could direct every source to one or the other or both zones at the same time.

IMG_4755.jpg

I presently have Paradigm Cinema 100 CT 5.1 with a Marantz NR1510 UHD AV Slim 5.2 (2019) for my 4k TV and love it.

S!

Is that new case from the guy (PatheWings) in Germany?

No, I made that, will repeat it for the 2215 B. They are simple projects. I order the cherry from an online supplier and run it through the router table to put the 45° bevel on the front and then cut to size and glue it together. The finish is the hardest part getting that correct. Now I have to try to match them. Yeah... that's going to happen. 🤪

I still have my Sony Home Theater Surround system from back in the early 90's  with the four Bose speakers and it sounds pretty good! Good enough for me. 

Still, I can imagine... 

Hey Vonrd....  I don't have the ear of an Audiophile either... I just enjoy the warm glow of the blue LEDs as much as anything.  The JBL speakers, yeah... they made a difference but you would hear it I promise.