FiF XVI feedback

Butzzell

S! All

The Finali was designed to use certain historical features to fit into our tournament. The battle lines and location were the main feature, along with the weather. The 4 main sessions are very traditional game play. The Finali is meant to be a big battle with lots of confusion.

It would be nice if people could help with feed back. The usual questions.

Did the first 4 sessions work?

Does the front line need to have more AAA down low?

If so does it need to be really dangerous?

Should static targets have more AAA so that they need to be hit by high level bombers?

How high is high level? In other words too high for AA to hit them.

Should there be some high level AAA for bombers but deadly AAA at ground level?

Is the map too big? (sorry , gotta ask)

Was lag a problem?

Was it a good plane match up?

Was the weather in these 4 sessions too boring?

Comments for additions, changes, things that did not work or other questions:

In the Finali

Was it a surprise?

Was it confusing?

Were plans disrupted?

Was it tense?

Were you on edge the whole time?

Did the lack of a visible front line create too much confusion and uncertainty?

Did lack of a visible front line make it feel like IL2?

Did the ground fire create any confusion?

Either in making you think it was a dogfight or in shooting at you and making you think an enemy plane was near?

Did moving German lines and guns create too much difficulty in locating German guns?

Hard enough to find them with out a visible front line but then they move and have to be found again?

Were the tanks too hard to locate? Either for defense or offense?

Does the Finali battle design need to be changed?

Is it easier to Kill tanks than to defend tanks?

Should both sides have tanks and whoever has most at the end wins? This creates symetrical missions. Both sides have the same mission and goal.

Butzell....do you intend on having some kind of debrief meeting on TS?

With each squad on separate comm's was hard to get a sense of what people felt about the event. Maybe something that reps from each squad gather input from members and have that small group with one or two reps meet to discuss?

If the timing worked out I would grad Dubya and he and I could sit in for the WW's

Hi Geezer,

I was hoping that we could meet next week, perhaps next Wednesday at 8PM or 9PM EDT.

That way, we'd have the week to think about how things went.

The only problem I see with this is that Thursday is July 4th. And if people were unavailable, we'd have to move it.

Let me know what days work for you, and I can coordinate with the BH and the 42.

Also, did you guys get a survey on your forums? I was looking for it, but didn't see it.

If not, I can post one over there.

Thanks!

Did the first 4 sessions work? Kind of. it doesnt intertwine.

Does the front line need to have more AAA down low? sectored bad flak area

If so does it need to be really dangerous? up to its placement, parameters of a gun should be known

Should static targets have more AAA so that they need to be hit by high level bombers? same as above

How high is high level? In other words too high for AA to hit them. testing required

Should there be some high level AAA for bombers but deadly AAA at ground level? gun placement, numbers

Is the map too big? (sorry , gotta ask)pilot number determined. Doesn't have to be square, can be rectangular

Was lag a problem?no

Was it a good plane match up? Yes

Was the weather in these 4 sessions too boring?No your selections were great I noticed. Effected behavior

In the Finali

Was it a surprise?yes unpleasantly (no intel) But...Now I know

Was it confusing?yes... because it was too surprising (had I had intel, like waking outside, I would have preped differently)

Were plans disrupted?Yes, All

Was it tense? Yes in a very positive way...(overcome and adapt, TS for example)

Were you on edge the whole time?Yes, ulcers

Did the lack of a visible front line create too much confusion and uncertainty? No with intel and prep.

Did lack of a visible front line make it feel like IL2? not in the least, different animal.

Did the ground fire create any confusion? not to me.(intel) But I did here many calls from GS pilots. (in GS this is an indicator)

Either in making you think it was a dogfight or in shooting at you and making you think an enemy plane was near? No (intel SA)

Did moving German lines and guns create too much difficulty in locating German guns?never saw them, saw bomb drops Eye candy could create a front.

Hard enough to find them with out a visible front line but then they move and have to be found again? This is ok, with parameters.

Were the tanks too hard to locate? Either for defense or offense? I would say yes, no related system, intel

Does the Finali battle design need to be changed? evolved

Is it easier to Kill tanks than to defend tanks? unknown by myself

Should both sides have tanks and whoever has most at the end wins? This creates symetrical missions. Both sides have the same mission and goal.No

Most of my comments above relate to how little, random things change the thought process related to the environment. IE weather. But the environment is known. (after all we've been at the front for weeks)Example:

Flak, High flak, low flak and it parameters. We would know this, and how to deal with this....

Forcing pilot behavior, by randomizing object parameter intel should not be done. Its placement in the environment and its relation to the environment is the deciding factor.

For instance, Road traffic,(tanks, trucks,whatever) its start and ending parameters should be known and intel along the route. So a pilot can try to asses its intent. In the case of the tanks (never saw any, wasn't there) The route was undecernable, because there is no purpose. Not its travel behavior (ziz zaging) although this should be know (it will "shackle" 2km off its intended line of travel)But that it has a visual destination purpose.

Hypothetical: the rule: Since tanks are offensive, its route will always terminate at a destination of capture.

This includes towns and or objects related to mission objectives (balloons, depots, etc.) With this, an assessment can be made, by both sides, of what the AI tank commander is thinking. "Their heading towards slacktown" "now there heading West whats west..the airfield" Also intel: If ground fire, starts shooting on its route, then we know something is up! Because of RL, and parameters.

All the MB mechanics created, are excellent!!! But IMO we need the thread that ties it all together into what I call the environment, Then "we" make the choice's in the air relating to the ground, for good or bad.

The random flak and explosions has to go relating to the above, that would be my step 1 to tie this together. Now all visuals have meaning, from there, everything else just simply follows.

Sidenote: For this. If we dont use the transferable mod file, its off the mud.

Great writing Fred!!!! and concept.

Mox